Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Thank You Kovid & the Entire Calibre Team

Every time I use a new feature of this program I am astounded at its beauty, and seeming, simplicity. Thank you again for an amazing piece of software.

Last edited by pghaworth; 10-20-2014 at 01:58 PM.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Seconded.

Motion carried.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
The break-neck speed of development is astonishing ...

I was reluctant to start using Calibre as my principal book managing app, because the GUI wasn't exactly my cup of coffee. But ... the longer I am using the program, the more I appreciate countless cool features - such as thorough use of Regular Expressions. Now, I can't imagine going back to my folder based book hoard ;-)

Onward Comrades!
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #5
NinjaCrepes
love/hate Kindle
NinjaCrepes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 gifted, considering a return
Ditto pghaworth. I downloaded an older version to my even older laptop and it seriously works like a dream (and I can't believe it's free). Wow.

Much gratitude to K & the team!!
NinjaCrepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #6
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
ABSOLUTELY

And the support here is AMAZING.

But instead of just posting a thank you, why not contribute a few bucks to the effort? That says thank you better than a million empty posts.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
ABSOLUTELY

And the support here is AMAZING.

But instead of just posting a thank you, why not contribute a few bucks to the effort? That says thank you better than a million empty posts.
I couldn't agree more (no I don't work for Kovid) - the biggest way for all of us to show our appreciation is through donations to ALL the people that make this wonderful tool available to us.

I have never seen support as thorough as I have with Calibre and I am such a big fan. With that said, off to practice what I preach.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Add me to the parade!

Everytime I update the program, I'm impressed by the additional functionalities that have been added!

Thank you for all you do, and Kudos!

--xari.
xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #9
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
...why not contribute a few bucks to the effort?
Have done, many times, and will continue to do so. Money's great, but a heartfelt thanks is also awesome sometimes. I've thanked Kovid, Darko, and the rest of the crew before and will continue to do so. There is no other program that I use that I support so fully. That's because the program, and the people behind it, are quality, pure and simple.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #10
winterescape
Enthusiast
winterescape began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hear Hear! This looks like a great tool and I am just geting used to it but It so far seems the perfect companion to my wife’s new kindle..
winterescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Adding my voice to the show of appreciation ...
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #13
barium
Connoisseur
barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.barium can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
Yes, thank you Kovid and everyone else who contributes. I've shown calibre to a few people, and all of them were as amazed as I was that you've done so much with the project, given that it's free and open source.
barium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #14
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #15
Wolfgan
Avid reader
Wolfgan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
I second the motion, thanks a lot to Calibre´s developers team and the helping community around.
Wolf.
Wolfgan is offline   Reply With Quote