Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #31
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Thank you for checking it for me. I gave up and ordered n2a. I know I should be able to do it all myself, but I'm willing to pay for technical support in an area where I'm completely lost. They say you can take the SD card out of the Nook Color and the standard B&N configuration is still in place, completely untouched by the process.

Thanks again Kate.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #32
Desvelada71
Desvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enoughDesvelada71 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-650
I got some .cbr files and have been trying to read them in my Nook Color. Thanks for the Jomic info. I will certainly try it!!!
Desvelada71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #33
nappybear
nappybear began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Comics on the Nook Color

I have a Nook Color & have converted the files from CBR and CBZ to PDF files using Adobe Acrobat and had no problem loading them to my unrooted NC. To extract the files(which are usually jpg files) I use a Unzipper program, then I can resize the .jpgs to whatever I like, even enhance the color if I want, then I bond them together to make a PDF. It turns out Golden. My only problem is where can I buy the comics from an original source. I have a Comixology account, but I don't think they let you download the comics? Does anyone know where you have the option to download them?

Last edited by nappybear; 09-12-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Needs title
nappybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:09 AM   #34
kuluhz
kuluhz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kuluhz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kuluhz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook tablet
the 1.4 update on NOOK color and the NOOK tablet support CBZ files in its built in reader. It's the same nice reading experience for the new NOOK comics.
kuluhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #35
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Thanks for this update. I had no idea this feature was added. Also, if you have books in CBR format just use ComicRack to export them and you can set it to automatically convert them to CBZ on the Nook.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #36
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
Thanks for this update. I had no idea this feature was added. Also, if you have books in CBR format just use ComicRack to export them and you can set it to automatically convert them to CBZ on the Nook.
That is good to know thanks for the info. ComicRack is what I use on my PC. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best comic reader out there. The sad part is that there's an Android version but, now that we can't sideload non B&N Android apps, we can't use it.

Hopefully this will change soon. There are sooooo many Android apps and such a small percentage of them are available through the B&N app store. It's really frustrating being locked into someone and not being able to get the apps you want.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #37
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Is it just me or does the Comic Reader on the Nook Color not really look that great? I'm still using Perfect Viewer on Manual Nooter 5.21.8 (or whatever it is LOL)
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #38
maic
maic began at the beginning.

Device: nook
simple way to convert cbr to cbz . Open cbr file with winrar,save to new file. take new file and zip with any zip application. change extension (rename) to .cbz and you are done. color nook can open zip file (comic book zip cbz) but not rar file (comic book rar cbr).
maic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:45 AM   #39
maic
maic began at the beginning.

Device: nook
You can even resize like any android app, just two fingers in center and spread to sides.
maic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #40
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
I'm not going to worry about it much longer. I hate having such an awesome little device that is shackled to such a lack-luster, tiny list of apps (relatively speaking), many of which are more expensive than their identical counterparts on the Amazon App Store or the Android Marketplace.

I'll be rooting my new toy and blocking all future updates this afternoon and Comic Rack for Android is one of the first apps I'll be installing.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #41
RedheadTarn
RedheadTarn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
I have been using Perfect viewer and love it!

Also, check out this collection:
Www.mediafire.com/anticomics
RedheadTarn is offline   Reply With Quote