Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-26-2017, 08:28 AM   #181
abogomolov
abogomolov began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi! I guess, new plugin version is incompatible with MacOS?
I get this error:
Code:
Converting "/var/folders/fv/8tckks8n51vdvvgcfq4t2fwr0000gn/C/calibre_2.82.0_tmp__dFi37/V0y9VX.epub" to KDF/KPF
Python function terminated unexpectedly: encode() argument 1 must be string, not None
Preparing EPUB for conversion
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 154, in main
    return run_entry_point()
  File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 114, in run_entry_point
    return getattr(pmod, func)()
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 195, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 33, in gui_convert_override
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 26, in gui_convert
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 1238, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 70, in convert
  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 117, in convert_from_epub
  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.previewer_kpf", line 106, in epub_to_kpf
  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.previewer_kpf", line 160, in exec_previewer
  File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.misc", line 319, in locale_encode
TypeError: encode() argument 1 must be string, not None
It was working with version 1.6.0 and KP3.7.1
abogomolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #182
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by abogomolov View Post
Hi! I guess, new plugin version is incompatible with MacOS?
I get this error: ...
Sorry about that.

I do not have a Mac and so I am unable to test changes on that platform. I have attached a new version of the plugin to this post, which I hope will fix the problem.

If someone using a Mac could download and install it and report back it would be helpful.

Edit: Problem resolved. Attachment removed.

Last edited by jhowell; 03-26-2017 at 06:54 PM. Reason: remove attachment
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:01 PM   #183
Crhis
Enthusiast
Crhis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Sorry about that.

I do not have a Mac and so I am unable to test changes on that platform. I have attached a new version of the plugin to this post, which I hope will fix the problem.

If someone using a Mac could download and install it and report back it would be helpful.
Works again with the plugin attached above, thanks!
Crhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #184
abogomolov

It works fine now, thank you!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:55 PM   #185
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.7.1 - 26 Mar 2017

Fix bug when running under MacOS introduced in version 1.7.0. (Fixes "TypeError: encode() argument 1 must be string, not None")
Old 04-11-2017, 05:18 PM   #186
HowlerX
Enthusiast
HowlerX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Annoying quirk discovered with the plug-in. Some epubs use a soft page break CSS:
Code:
.pageBreak {page-break-before: always;}
This plug-in will then move everything (text, etc.) that shows up after the page break at the very top of the new page disregarding any rules or spacing. For example, the text after my page break has a "margin-top: 25%" centered text but instead it shows up at the very top of the page. Kindle Previewer handles it fine btw, but it's one of those books that replaces double quotation marks with the weird symbols. (Any idea how I can fix these books in calibre, btw?)
HowlerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:32 PM   #187
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlerX View Post
For example, the text after my page break has a "margin-top: 25%" centered text but instead it shows up at the very top of the page.
There can be issues using page-break-before along with margin-top. See this thread for more information.

I don't have enough to go on to determine what, if anything, is going wrong. I am not going to loook into this further unless you can provide a sample file along with a description of how you think it should look and what is wrong when the plugin converts it.

Note: Even if you provide an example, if the problem lies outside of the plugin I won't be able to help. The plugin uses calibre to convert the source format to EPUB. (It does that even for books already in EPUB format, since it fixes many potential problems.) Then it uses Kindle Previewer 3 to convert the result to KFX. The plugin itself does very little manipulation of the source EPUB, nothing dealing with styles.

One more thing: If your EPUB has incorrect characters after conversion if can often be fixed using the "Encode HTML in UTF-8" option of the "Modify ePub" plugin. Do that before conversion to Kindle formats.

Last edited by jhowell; 04-11-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:27 PM   #188
HowlerX
Enthusiast
HowlerX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for your prompt reply. I've been playing with different files and getting different results. It's most probably a quirk in Kindle Previewer because I get inconsistent results just by allowing the Previewer to encode the epub and seeing the results versus passing the epub through Calibre/KFX plugin. I just resorted to splitting the html file to get the desired result. Want it to look like the actual books as much as possible.

Many thanks for the tip re: "Modify ePub" plugin.
HowlerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #189
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Getting an error now in Calibre 2.83 and Kindle Previewer 3.9 beta on macOS Sierra 10.12:

calibre, version 2.83.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p>Big Boys' Rules: The SAS and the Secret Struggle Against the IRA<br><br><b>Kindle Previewer error:</b> Error(YJConvValidator):E120022: Large Data Table not supported.No. of characters=1285, No. of rows=51, No. of cells=204</p>

Was also happening in KP 3.8 beta
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #190
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
Kindle Previewer error: Error(YJConvValidator):E120022: Large Data Table not supported.No. of characters=1285, No. of rows=51, No. of cells=204
That is a limitation of the Kindle Previewer, as documented in the first post of this thread under "Dealing with Conversion Errors".

There is a limit on the size of HTML tables allowed by the Previewer. If you want to convert this book you will need to edit and reformat it to split up or remove any large tables. (Unfortunately, the maximum allowed table size is undocumented.)
Old 04-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #191
hidden.platypus
Connoisseur
hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hidden.platypus can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That is a limitation of the Kindle Previewer, as documented in the first post of this thread under "Dealing with Conversion Errors".
Hi jhowell,

Does this plugin still workon version 3.10

Amazon updated it yesterday.

If not, do you happen to have an installer for version 3.9?
hidden.platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:11 AM   #192
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidden.platypus View Post
Hi jhowell,

Does this plugin still workon version 3.10

Amazon updated it yesterday.

If not, do you happen to have an installer for version 3.9?
I do not know if it will work with 3.10 and I will not have time to try it until next week.

I also do not know where you can get older versions. Sorry.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #193
abogomolov

here you are: Kindle Previewer v3.9.0 (win)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidden.platypus View Post
do you happen to have an installer for version 3.9?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #194
CStaack
CStaack began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Hi,

Paperwhite 3 on a German Win7/calibre 2.83, kindle previewer 3.9.0.

Trying to convert the Frankenstein-book, I get this error.

Spoiler:

Buch 1 von 1 (Frankenstein) konvertieren
Failed to initialize plugin: K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM (0, 4, 2)
Failed to initialize plugin: u'C:\\Users\\CS\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugin s\\K4PC, K4Mac, Kindle Mobi and Topaz DeDRM.zip'
C:\Program Files\Calibre2\pylib.zip\dateutil\parser.py:339: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
Conversion options changed from defaults:
cover: u'C:\\Users\\CS\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_sil jjx\\sdp1x7.jpeg'
margin_right: 2.0
debug_pipeline: u'C:\\temp\\LogsCalibre'
verbose: 2
read_metadata_from_opf: u'C:\\Users\\CS\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_sil jjx\\zjgkph.opf'
margin_top: 2.0
margin_left: 2.0
output_profile: 'kindle_pw3'
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 2.83.0
{'asciiize': False,
'author_sort': None,
'authors': None,
'base_font_size': 0.0,
'book_producer': None,
'change_justification': u'original',
'chapter': u"//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., '\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|pr ologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', 'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
'chapter_mark': u'pagebreak',
'comments': None,
'cover': u'C:\\Users\\CS\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_sil jjx\\sdp1x7.jpeg',
'debug_pipeline': u'C:\\temp\\LogsCalibre',
'dehyphenate': True,
'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
'disable_font_rescaling': False,
'dont_split_on_page_breaks': False,
'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
'embed_all_fonts': False,
'embed_font_family': None,
'enable_heuristics': False,
'epub_flatten': False,
'epub_inline_toc': False,
'epub_toc_at_end': False,
'expand_css': False,
'extra_css': None,
'extract_to': None,
'filter_css': u'',
'fix_indents': True,
'flow_size': 260,
'font_size_mapping': None,
'format_scene_breaks': True,
'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
'input_encoding': None,
'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x000000000454D550>,
'insert_blank_line': False,
'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
'insert_metadata': False,
'isbn': None,
'italicize_common_cases': True,
'keep_ligatures': False,
'language': None,
'level1_toc': None,
'level2_toc': None,
'level3_toc': None,
'line_height': 0.0,
'linearize_tables': False,
'margin_bottom': 5.0,
'margin_left': 2.0,
'margin_right': 2.0,
'margin_top': 2.0,
'markup_chapter_headings': True,
'max_toc_links': 50,
'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
'no_default_epub_cover': False,
'no_inline_navbars': False,
'no_svg_cover': False,
'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.KindlePaperWhite3Outpu t object at 0x000000000454DC18>,
'page_breaks_before': u'/',
'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
'pretty_print': True,
'pubdate': None,
'publisher': None,
'rating': None,
'read_metadata_from_opf': u'C:\\Users\\CS\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_sil jjx\\zjgkph.opf',
'remove_fake_margins': True,
'remove_first_image': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
'renumber_headings': True,
'replace_scene_breaks': u'',
'search_replace': '[]',
'series': None,
'series_index': None,
'smarten_punctuation': False,
'sr1_replace': None,
'sr1_search': None,
'sr2_replace': None,
'sr2_search': None,
'sr3_replace': None,
'sr3_search': None,
'start_reading_at': None,
'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
'tags': None,
'timestamp': None,
'title': None,
'title_sort': None,
'toc_filter': None,
'toc_threshold': 6,
'toc_title': None,
'transform_css_rules': '[]',
'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
'unwrap_lines': True,
'use_auto_toc': False,
'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: EPUB Input running
on C:\Users\CS\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_siljjx\ijqn vf.epub
Found HTML cover OEBPS/Text/Cover.xhtml
Input debug saved to: C:\temp\LogsCalibre\input
Parsing all content...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter13.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter04.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter05.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter12.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter21.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter24.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter07.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Letter01.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter14.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter17.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Styles/Stil.css ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter08.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Cover.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter09.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter22.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter18.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Title.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter10.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Letter02.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Letter04.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter15.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter25.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter19.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter01.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter06.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Letter03.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter16.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter02.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter23.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter20.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter03.xhtml ...
Parsing OEBPS/Text/Chapter11.xhtml ...
Reading TOC from NCX...
Parsed HTML written to: C:\temp\LogsCalibre\parsed
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Structured HTML written to: C:\temp\LogsCalibre\structure
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 12.00000pt
Removing fake margins...
Found 33 items of level: p_2
Found 677 items of level: p_1
Found 3 items of level: div_1
p_2 left margin stats: Counter({u'0': 33})
p_2 right margin stats: Counter({u'0': 30, u'1em': 3})
p_1 left margin stats: Counter({u'0': 674, u'3em': 3})
p_1 right margin stats: Counter({u'0': 671, u'3em': 3, u'1em': 3})
div_1 left margin stats: Counter({u'2em': 3})
div_1 right margin stats: Counter({u'2em': 3})
Removing level div_1 left margin of: 2em
Removing level div_1 right margin of: 2em
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Trimming u'OEBPS/Text/Cover.xhtml' from manifest
Processed HTML written to: C:\temp\LogsCalibre\processed
Creating KFX Output...
Software versions: KFX Output 1.7.1, calibre 2.83 [64bit], Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
KFX Output plugin help is available at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272407

Splitting markup on page breaks and flow limits, if any...
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter13.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter04.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter05.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter12.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter21.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter24.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter07.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Letter01.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter14.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter17.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter08.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter09.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter22.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter18.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Title.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter10.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Letter02.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Letter04.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter15.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter25.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter19.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter01.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter06.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Letter03.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter16.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter02.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter23.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter20.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter03.xhtml...
No large trees found
Looking for large trees in OEBPS/Text/Chapter11.xhtml...
No large trees found
Successfully converted input format to EPUB
Converting "C:\Users\CS\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_siljjx\kqp c_8.epub" to KDF/KPF
Preparing EPUB for conversion
Python function terminated unexpectedly
SHGetFolderPathW failed (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 195, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 33, in gui_convert_override
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 26, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1252, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 70, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 117, in convert_from_epub
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.previewer_k pf", line 106, in epub_to_kpf
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.previewer_k pf", line 180, in exec_previewer
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.misc", line 341, in user_home_dir
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.misc", line 307, in windows_user_dir
Exception: SHGetFolderPathW failed

Conversion works via kindle previewer.

Any idea?
CStaack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:40 PM   #195
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CStaack View Post
Paperwhite 3 on a German Win7/calibre 2.83, kindle previewer 3.9.0.

Trying to convert the Frankenstein-book, I get this error.
I will not have time to look into this until next week.

I suspect the problem relates to non-ascii characters in the user profile path. I tried to make the plugin support this, but it may not be working properly.

Tags
kfx, linux, wine