Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-02-2014, 05:26 AM   #31
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post

I really love summer and the heat myself. But... my bunnies hate summer. Well not just my bunnies actually bunnies in general. I always feed between 6 - 8 am. Now since it has gotten above 50 degree they stop eating until night time. Changing my sleep pattern to feed them. I have been freaking out the last 5 days because it seemed like they were not eating. A million horrible thoughts ran thru my head. And nothing is wrong just it has warmed up. It is to early for me to have the a/c on. I have two ceiling fans moving above them but I guess that is not enough. I know they have fur but really don't see how they can be warm. I am still wearing winter (fleece) pj's.

Just I allow my pets to rule my life
Poor bunnies. I am still in winter clothing, but my dog has been spending much more time outside. Once it warms up though, he'll want the AC.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #32
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

Broken Wings by Sylvie Kurtz (Love Spell 1996)

Quote:
One last chance. That's all Colin Castle has to prove he isn't a total failure. But something went terribly wrong on his routine flight in a replica war plane. Now Colin stands in another time, facing a beautiful woman who will forever haunt his dreams.

One final hope. That's all Liesl Erhardt has to make good on a promise to fulfill her murdered husband's dream. The mysterious Colin with his miraculous plane may be the answer to her prayers. But dare she risk her heart to a gift from the sky?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #33
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This should be interesting.

HarperCollins is buying Harlequin.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #34
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
This should be interesting.

HarperCollins is buying Harlequin.
Yeah, I said in the News thread I hope this means they will continue to operate with some automony. I like that Harlequin is not geo restricted and doesn't mark up the price for library purchases or try to limit the number of times a book can be checked out. Lots of other things to consider as well.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #35
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Yeah, I said in the News thread I hope this means they will continue to operate with some automony. I like that Harlequin is not geo restricted and doesn't mark up the price for library purchases or try to limit the number of times a book can be checked out. Lots of other things to consider as well.
Coupons!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #36
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Freebie box set of novellas and novels from Mimi Strong (romance and erotica):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J7FVQMK
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #37
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Interesting about Harlequin being bought. It says in the article that they will continue to act like a separate company, but that HC will take advantage of the global reach HQ has and offer their authors many translations. There are some great authors that write for HQ, I found some gems especially in the historical romance line and with HQN.
And I have liked that HC has lowered their prices on many romances with the Avon line and allowed them to be in libraries and on services like Scribd. Many HQ are already in libraries. Heck, my local library has basically only been adding harlequin titles for months now it seems. I guess they cost less to the libraries than the other publishers.

I grew up in Germany and I remember reading harlequin novels. They were published with Cora Verlag in Germany. They were everywhere, I think it was and might still be one of their big european markets. Full sized books were quite expensive in germany because of that law they have there. No discounting and its the same no matter where you buy. I remember mountain stories were popular and doctors and some royalty stuff. That stuff still is.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #38
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Will be interesting indeed to watch the what happens to Harelquin. I've recently all but broken up with them (though admittedly, not for the first time). I'm finding I'm not even enjoying my auto-buy authors let alone my go-to imprints... too many recent DNFs.

Wonder if they are having a struggle with Entangled? It's definitely now my go-to published for short and easy (and steamy!) contemporaries.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #39
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A couple of Freebies

Fela Dawson Scott - Angel in Black
Formerly named Shadow of Desire (Avon 1986)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006BG4THC
Quote:
THE ANGEL IN BLACK — A beautiful lady outlaw strikes under cover of night — a heroine to England’s common folk. But a darker purpose fuels the cold fires of vengeance in Katrina Easton. The need to keep a promise sealed by blood and tears …

THE PROUD NOBLEMAN — Lord Blake Roberts is captivated by the mysterious woman he knows only as "Rina." The more he is with her, the more he aches to possess her. He never dreams the fiery outlaw’s secrets will draw them both deep into danger …

TWO DESTINIES UNITED — Katrina’s vow is shaken when Blake awakens longings in her lonely heart. Desperately she tries to resist the one man whose passionate embrace distracts her from her sworn path. Yet, even as she plunges ahead to fulfill a blood oath of vengeance, Katrina cannot ignore the lure of Blake’s ardent kisses.
Mountain Angel - Patricia McAllister
published by zebra in 1995
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008E31IJ2
Quote:
ANGEL
After her father’s death leaves her alone in the world, Angel is faced with two terrible choices: surrender her innocence to the lecherous man who’s won her home in a card game, or become the bride of a stranger who holds the other half of the McCloud mining claim. Vowing to buy back her birthright, Angel sets out for the Colorado Territory, and an unknown future with a mysterious man she’s wed by proxy.

DEVIL
Holt is sure the spoiled Missouri beauty who turns up claiming to be his wife is really out to steal his mining claim. He’s not about to buy Angel’s sob story or make frontier life easy for her. But, feisty and fearless, Angel seems ready to take on a boom town filled with greed, corruption and dangerous secrets. Soon, even bigger questions arise: can they keep their growing passions in check, and does Holt dare trust Angel with a few deep secrets of his own?

"A lively Western adventure that will keep you guessing to the last page...a tender love story you won't want to miss!" — Linda Sandifer, author of Came A Stranger
Old 05-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #40
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Will be interesting indeed to watch the what happens to Harelquin. I've recently all but broken up with them (though admittedly, not for the first time). I'm finding I'm not even enjoying my auto-buy authors let alone my go-to imprints... too many recent DNFs.

Wonder if they are having a struggle with Entangled? It's definitely now my go-to published for short and easy (and steamy!) contemporaries.
I love Carina Press, hoping they leave it alone. As for the rest of it, there are a couple autobuy MIRA authors for me and some occasional Super Romances that catch my eye but not much from the rest of it.

In my mind I see HQN getting absorbed into Avon. It would make sense to merge Avon Impulse with Carina.

They need to do something with the catagories, they're losing to many authors due to poor terms, and yes Entangled appears to be rapidly growing.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #41
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

May's DANL selections are finally up.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
In the thread of the plugin ModifyEpub there's a version which cleans all those elements by itself.

This works perfectly!!! It removes all the kepub element and the spans tags. No Kobo code seems to remain.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #43
Atunah
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
May's DANL selections are finally up.
Ok, I must be really dumb. I have to sign in on that page and when I do, I can't find my way back to the selections. The thing on the front page where it says to check them out is not clickable. So I thought, I am signed in I just click a new window again in your post. But, it didn't keep my sign in. So when I sign in again, I am once again thrown to the front page with no listing of the features.

I literally can't get to them.

I even tried to just adding to cart without being signed in, assuming it will ask me. Nope, when I add a book, it pops up a new page with cart empty.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Okay Blossom or someone, where are the books at in the Kobo app for PC. I found the folder on my hard drive but I can't find any books and my library has synced
I don't know but they have DRM on them so even if you find it you can't read it without using a different set of tools than you use for your other books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #45
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Ok, I must be really dumb. I have to sign in on that page and when I do, I can't find my way back to the selections. The thing on the front page where it says to check them out is not clickable. So I thought, I am signed in I just click a new window again in your post. But, it didn't keep my sign in. So when I sign in again, I am once again thrown to the front page with no listing of the features.

I literally can't get to them.

I even tried to just adding to cart without being signed in, assuming it will ask me. Nope, when I add a book, it pops up a new page with cart empty.
Yeah, their website redisign is not good. Lots of broken links still.

Just click on any of the categories at the top (Historical, Paranormal, Contemporary, etc). Then on the new page the left sidebar should have a link "Featured eBooks"