Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hullywood: A second PM has been sent you about our posting guidelines regarding image size.

Please take the time now to review those posting guidelines.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #17
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks - it's now properly-sized for the forum.
I'm still not seeing it.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #18
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
I'm still not seeing it.
It has been removed again, so it is not showing anymore.

I managed to see it in the meanwhile. The screen was glued on too high up, so a line of empty showed on the bottom of the screen area - and I assume top pixels of the screen would remain under the top bezel.

I have seen two Kindle PWs with similar issues. Layer alignment seems to make the issue more common on PWs than on other Kindles, because PWs have three screen layers instead of one.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Apparently, my PMs are not being read and the previous Moderator Notice has gone 'unnoticed.'

Here is the information regarding images, with the relevant area underlined:

9. Avatars, Images and Signatures

Images included in posts must be no more than 600x600 pixels. Individual forum sections, including the Self-Promotions forum, may require smaller images. Please read the Promotion Posting Guidelines for specific information. You may use a picture as a link to a larger picture elsewhere.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #20
fearindex
Addict
fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fearindex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle(s)
Two moderators in this thread give conflicting info. Would it be possible to get the specific offense? HarryT said the fixed image was compliant and it seemed that to me as well.

There is more talk of moderation than PW screen issues in this thread, it would be great to have specific guidance. I understand that rules are meant to protect the topic.
fearindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #21
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Well as the post by Dr Drib is taken from the forum posting guidelines:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ng_guidelines.

I don't think the guidance can be any more specific than the underlined text?

Don't post images bigger than 600x600 pixels.

It would be nice if the mods could just wrap over-sized images in spoiler tags so you have to click on the spoiler button for the image to appear, and send a PM and ask the user to make the image smaller. But that's possibly too much additional work for mods who probably have plenty of other stuff to fill their time.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 12-06-2013 at 04:28 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #22
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearindex View Post
Two moderators in this thread give conflicting info.
That is what is so confusing. In post #15 HarryT said the picture was properly formatted. This was followed by Dr. Drib in post #16 saying that he sent another PM about properly formatting a picture to post.

Last edited by ucfgrad93; 12-07-2013 at 11:26 AM.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #23
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
It would be nice if the mods could just wrap over-sized images in spoiler tags so you have to click on the spoiler button for the image to appear, and send a PM and ask the user to make the image smaller. But that's possibly too much additional work for mods who probably have plenty of other stuff to fill their time.
Yeah, the volume of missing images in threads lately is fairly obnoxious. I'd like an option to see them instead of seeing a line of green text saying an image used to be there. Spoiler tags keep the layout from breaking, so that would fix the major issue while allowing us to, you know, actually see what was posted. Just my constructive $0.02.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
That is what is so confusing. In post #16 HarryT said the picture was properly formatted. This was followed by Dr. Drib in post #16 saying that he sent another PM about properly formatting a picture to post.
I was wrong; the image was 640x480 pixels in size, which is too large for the forum (the max dimension must be <=600px).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #25
Hullywood
Hullywood began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle PW2
Sorry guys! I'm relying on my iPhone to resize and upload these images so here is my 3rd attempt lol!
Hullywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
Hullywood
Hullywood began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle PW2
I returned the Kindle and they replaced it with a new one. I actually didn't notice the screen problem at first, it was when I added custom wallpaper that I saw it and it bugged the hell out of me.
Hullywood is offline   Reply With Quote