Old 05-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #421
jstabe
Enthusiast
jstabe began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'm not sure you can put text at the bottom, AFAIK its always at the top

Hopefully the attachment will help, the plugin will adjust the image and text to 'fit' - best thing is to play with it for a bit on a test library into which you've copied a few books.

BR
That's a good idea. Thanks for the answer!
jstabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #422
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Use those green up/down arrows on the right side to move the text around, such as if you want the title at the bottom etc.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #423
jstabe
Enthusiast
jstabe began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Use those green up/down arrows on the right side to move the text around, such as if you want the title at the bottom etc.

Thank you so much! That's about the only thing I hadn't tried.
jstabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #424
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Odd, not the first time in which I've not even seen green up/down arrows in Calibre - they must hit one of my blind spots
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #425
jessifanfic
jessifanfic began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 3/Marvin App, Iphone 4s/Stanza
Unhappy Regex in Custom Text stopped working

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this. I'm having an issue with the latest version of calibre and Generate Cover plugin. In the custom text field I have the following:

{comments:re(]+>, )}

Which will change this:

<blockquote><p>Text <em>italics</em> text</p></blockquote>

to:

Text italics text

This still works on any of my existing, unchanged settings. However if I make ANY change to them - even just copy/pasting the EXACT same code into it, the regex stops working. All my other defined items continue to work just this one does not.

I want to say it isn't the plugin because that hasn't changed in a good while, but maybe a mismatch of the latest calibre code and the plug-in code not being caught up? All help is appreciated!

Last edited by jessifanfic; 06-01-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: fix formatting
jessifanfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #426
jkubecki
jkubecki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I made a slight modification to my copy of the plugin to split the text on "\n" (newlines) before drawing. That way I can customize the wrapping by editing the title under "content" tab.

For example, whereas the plugin was rendering:

The Divine
Comedy

I can change it to "The\nDivine Comedy" to get:

The
Divine Comedy

Just a personal preference/tweak.

It's also useful for handling things like "Foo Volume 1" where I can split, and even put two "\n\n" to add vertical spacing between the actual title proper and the "volume" indicator.

(Plugin author, consider for a future release?)
jkubecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #427
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
@Kiwidude I think you should consider linking to this thread (Covers for Fanfiction Lovers) from the first post of this thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #428
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
@Kiwidude I think you should consider linking to this thread (Covers for Fanfiction Lovers) from the first post of this thread.
Done.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #429
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Done.
I had posted two more Harry Potter Covers here. Maybe you want to put that link up too?
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #430
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
I had posted two more Harry Potter Covers here. Maybe you want to put that link up too?
I could move them to the new thread and get all of your covers in the same thread.. You would have to edit some of your posts in the thread since these would end up being the first posts by date and time.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #431
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I could move them to the new thread and get all of your covers in the same thread.. You would have to edit some of your posts in the thread since these would end up being the first posts by date and time.
That would be cool. Thanks
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #432
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
That would be cool. Thanks
Done, they are now posts 1 and 2 in the other thread.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #433
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I find the plugin extremely useful, but I have an issue:
I enter, for example, Zschokke - as author, The black brothers - as title, and Part II - as custom text, in this order. To get the text in a convenient allignment, I use the "Dimensions" area and there "top margin" - to move the author text, "text padding" - to move the title text, and - on the computer of my wife - "bottom margin" - to move the custom text.
On the computer of my wife everything works fine, but on my own, the last mentioned function doesn't show any reaction. The custom text ("Part II") will always - and only - move together with the title text. With high probability, I'm doing something wrong, but I do not ascertain what it is. The more odd as, in earlier times, it worked fine also on my device. Can someone help?

I already tried to reinstall the plugin, but without difference.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #434
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@Leonatus - You are aware that you can change the location of each of Title. Author, Custom Text etc by using the Up/Down arrows on the Contents tab? That is what will dictate what stays together where when you start applying top and bottom margins. Without seeing your exact settings (either screenshots or by exporting them and attaching) it is both hard to visualise exactly what you are changing and what you think is wrong...
Old 08-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #435
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Yes, I'm well aware, and I think that was it. I realized now - using my wife's laptop, that in the "Contents" section there has to be the order "author - title - image - custom text" in order to make the custom text movable from the "bottom margin" button. I'm not at home, but I'm quite sure that there I have left out the "image", and therefore nothing moved clicking on this button. If I do the same here, it's quite this behaviour as well.

Thanks a lot!

(By this way, I learned how to make a screenshot under Windows)
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote