Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #1
jcameron
Author
jcameron began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reading The Dead - The Sarah Milton Chronicles

Hi everyone,

I just posted my first book of an ongoing supernatural detective series on Amazon Kindle. You'll find the link at http://www.amazon.com/Reading-The-De.../dp/B00BGE5DEM

Here's the description:

Sarah Milton, a criminal profiler with the LAPD Violent Crimes Unit, is on the hunt for the city’s most notorious serial killer, an enigmatic figure known only as “Raithe.” Thwarted at every turn by a seemingly random string of murders, the detective finds inspiration from the unlikeliest of sources.

After a fatal shooting unexpectedly reunites her with Anna Nigma, her precocious, thirteen year-old “imaginary friend” from childhood, Sarah’s investigation leads to a spectral world governed by ancient magic, and rekindles powers within her to commune with the dead, threatening more than just her livelihood and sanity.

Together, the reunited friends take their first step on their paranormal adventures. Their journey starts here: with the ghostly origins behind the latest slayings inflicted upon the city of angels.

They must follow the path through the graveyard of Sarah’s past, culminating in a struggle against a dark force with the power over life and death itself. Is the legend they will ultimately write together destined to be their final tale?

I'm releasing the book with a simultaneous push on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ReadingTheD...ltonChronicles). I invite you all to stop by to try out the "interactive preview", a text-based adventure that pits you in the role of the protagonist for the opening chapters of the novel. As LAPD homicide detective Sarah Milton, it's your job to search for clues on the scene of the latest of Raithe's murders. I hope you enjoy it.

Feel free to leave Likes and reviews as well. If I can drum up enough interest in this, the first novel of an ongoing series, I'll be sure to let you all know when I'm offering free promotional weekends.

J.B. Cameron
jcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
jcameron
Author

Book Trailer Now Online

Recently finished the official book trailer for Reading The Dead - The Sarah Milton Chronicles. It's now online on Youtube in four different sizes (240p-720p HD).

You'll find it at my new Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ReadingTheDead
Old 03-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
jcameron
Author

Free Book Weekend

Get your free copy of Reading The Dead - The Sarah Milton Chronicles from Amazon Kindle!

Download a copy for free between March 9 - 12.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGE5DEM/

Old 04-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
jcameron
Author

The second edition release of Reading The Dead - The Sarah Milton Chronicles is now available on Amazon Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/Reading-The-De.../dp/B00BGE5DEM

Reading The Dead - The Sarah Milton Chronicles is the first volume of a funny, thrilling, suspenseful paranormal detective series by author J.B. Cameron.

Growing up, Sarah Milton had three constants in her life – her passion for reading, her mother's love, and Anna Nigma, her irrepressible thirteen-year-old imaginary companion. Her only friend's sudden disappearance in the aftermath of her mother's unexplained murder shattered her world, leaving a void in her life that only justice for her parent's senseless death could fill.

Fifteen years later, Sarah – now a criminal profiler with the LAPD Violent Crimes Unit – finds herself hunting a very different breed of killer, a mysterious figure known only as "Raithe." Thwarted at every turn by a seemingly random string of murders, the detective finds inspiration from the unlikeliest of sources.

A fatal shooting unexpectedly reunites her with her imaginary friend, compelling her to doubt her very sanity. She soon discovers that the truth behind both Anna Nigma and the serial killer she's hunting is stranger than she ever imagined. Her investigation leads the reunited friends to the reality of a spectral world governed by ancient magic, where Sarah's innate ability to commune with the dead could prove to be the only means of stopping the latest slayer terrorizing the city of angels.

Follow Sarah and Anna as they take their first step on the path through the graveyard of their hidden past, a journey that will ultimately lead them to a showdown against a dark force with the power over life and death itself. Their way will be fraught with peril, take them to the brink of love and loss, immerse them in mystery and clarity, and perhaps even deliver them to the closure for which they both long. Protected against the coming storm by only faith and friendship, their uncertain future begins here...