Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
Polegin
Polegin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-900
FB2 > EPUB conversion problem (Sony PRS-900)

I've got a question about converting books from fb2-format to epub. Generally, it works pretty good, but there's one problem, that seems to be really annoying. My reader is Sony PRS-900. It has a function, that allows user to highlight some parts of text to save them as bookmarks. I tried this function on every format supported by reader (rtf, html, pdf etc.) and it seemed to work perfect. But when I tried it on books, converted from fb2 to epub (fb2 is unreadable for Sony PRS-900) by Calibre, I've got a glitch presented on screenshot. Text is highlighted fragmentary.

For comparison — this is other epub book I downloaded directly from web:

I tried to convert fb2 books with other services, and they worked correctly. But I don't want to use those services, for Calibre offers all-in-one solution for ebooks.

Hope this problem can be solved.

Thanks in advance for your answers
Polegin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Convert to lrf instead. The 900 is rather ancient, probably its version of ADE cant handle whatever nested markup the fb2 is generating.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote