Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
richam79
richam79 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Epub Hindi

Hi All,

I am trying to create an Epub for Hindi Language. But I am unable to do so as Epub generated is blank or sometimes it gets generated with junk characters. Can you please help me and send me one sample Hindi Epub.

I really need your help..... Please help me.

Regards,
Richa
richam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
richam79
richam79 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hindi Epub - Urgent

Hi Senior Members,

Please suggest.....I need your help guys.

Richa
richam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 AM   #3
Sanjay Agnihotri
Sanjay Agnihotri began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy 10.1
Simple Solution for Converting Devnagari book(Sanskrit/Hindi) to epub

Quote:
Originally Posted by richam79 View Post
Hi Senior Members,

Please suggest.....I need your help guys.

Richa
Hi Richa

I am a new member as well. I think the problem with senior members is that they think, their technical hints will make sense to the normal users. In other words things which are obvious to them are obvious to every body and so that they don't have to tell. I don't blame them (I am one of them) because it is nature of modern days professionals (especially computer professionals). If you go through all Devnagari and other font related threads (which I am sure you already did), will also prove my point. Any way I made a simple procedure attached herewith and I tried to explain it as much as I can.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Create a hindi book.doc (124.5 KB, 1642 views)
Sanjay Agnihotri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:57 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It sounds like what you need to do is use an embedded Hindi font/font family in your ePub as ADE doesn't have the characters you need displayed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
Sanjay Agnihotri

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It sounds like what you need to do is use an embedded Hindi font/font family in your ePub as ADE doesn't have the characters you need displayed.
Thanks

But see! you again used the technical language which only certain people will under stand so guys, don't get confused just follow the procedure.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Yes, it is true we expect a certain entry level for some answers. But, a basic knowledge about the ePUB format and a little about XHTML/CSS is really required. If so, the answers are quite clear.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Sanjay Agnihotri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Yes, it is true we expect a certain entry level for some answers. But, a basic knowledge about the ePUB format and a little about XHTML/CSS is really required. If so, the answers are quite clear.
If that's the case then why nobody (other than me) raised his hand (since 22/11/2010) to say that he successfully converted Hindi in e pub format?

Regards

Sanjay
Old 03-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Perhaps because we don't work in Hindi? I can't remember seeing the thread and I don't always read all threads.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote