Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
JSimmons
Book Cover Designer
JSimmons began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
eBook Cover Artist-J. Simmons

Hello!

My name is J. Simmons and I am a freelance book cover artist.

You can check me me out here!

I have over 16 years in the design and illustration business and 9 years in publishing and I've decided to go freelance. I've made a lot of good contacts and gotten a lot of good jobs and want to help other indie writers put a nice face on their book.

I'm also good for questions, critiques, anything. Just ask, I'm here to help.

Thanks!
J. Simmons
JSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Are those the only 2 covers you have done so far?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
JSimmons
Book Cover Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Are those the only 2 covers you have done so far?
No. I just this month started my freelance business and have done seven covers with more on the list.

In my day job, I've designed/illustrated over 600 book covers.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Are you looking for more freelance work? Or just posting as an introduction? How much does it cost to get a cover made? Just curious at the moment as I have nothing at the present that needs a cover. Hopefully I will at some future time.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
JSimmons
Book Cover Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Are you looking for more freelance work? Or just posting as an introduction? How much does it cost to get a cover made? Just curious at the moment as I have nothing at the present that needs a cover. Hopefully I will at some future time.

I'm definitely looking for more freelance work. I'm having a great time working with some pretty cool authors.

You can see all of the details here:
JSimmons Illustration

My covers cost $300 for a standard 6x9 cover. You get a high resolution cover that you can use in ads or any print publication, and you get a version saved down for use on websites and ebook readers. I deliver it in the specs from Amazon for the KDP site, but will save it any way you'd like. You also get full ownership of the art when the job is complete.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
JSimmons
Book Cover Designer

Just a friendly refresher for the thread.

J. Simmons Illustration is open for business and doing good work for people.
The turnaround time on covers is 30 days, and after the initial deposit, you don't pay until you're satisfied.

Tags
cover artist, design, ebook, illustrator