Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #196
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Have you tried the 'Calibrate g-sensor' option on the Settings - Maintenance menu?

That ^^^^
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #197
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

Device: Hanlin V3, PB360
Yes. Calibrated the device - still no response.
mysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #198
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
When I open this menu option I get a blank box, no Ok, no anything!

What's the difference between all the page turn options ?
360, 180 etc ... ?
When he says press OK, I think he means just press the white centre button, at least that's how I interpreted it and that's what I did.

The difference for the page turn options - 360 means it will rotate all the way around, every time you turn your reader. 180 means it will only flip to the opposite direction, so if you're reading in portrait orientation flipping it upside down will put it straight into portrait orientation again without flipping to landscape first.
Yes, by 'OK' button I mean the centre button within the 4-way button (centre button of the 'up-down-left-right' toggle button).

At least, that's how it is referred to in the global 'Settings' menu under 'Key Mapping' - the buttons are referred to as 'Left', 'Right', 'Up', 'Down', 'OK' and the two paddles as 'Button 1' and 'Button 2'. I used this logic/designation.

Hope this helps!
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #199
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

I now have the PB360 working satisfactory. Just thought I'd put down the steps I took.
a) Load FBreader 0.9.2 and paste fbreader app to system/bin
b) Paste extensions.cfg from Schitzelbrain (p10) here to system/config. This will allow choice between fbreader and adobe.
c) Goto settings/Appearance (Main menu) and turn "Rotate" to "auto"
d) Goto settings/Maintenance(Main menu) and calibrate 3g.
e) Open an epub or pdf with fbreader and choose rotate setting by pressing OK key and going into tools on the popup menu- I find 360 the most useful.

Sorry to have reiterated all this stuff but thought it might be useful to have it all together.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #200
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweety View Post
I now have the PB360 working satisfactory. Just thought I'd put down the steps I took.
a) Load FBreader 0.9.2 and paste fbreader app to system/bin
b) Paste extensions.cfg from Schitzelbrain (p10) here to system/config. This will allow choice between fbreader and adobe.
c) Goto settings/Appearance (Main menu) and turn "Rotate" to "auto"
d) Goto settings/Maintenance(Main menu) and calibrate 3g.
e) Open an epub or pdf with fbreader and choose rotate setting by pressing OK key and going into tools on the popup menu- I find 360 the most useful.

Sorry to have reiterated all this stuff but thought it might be useful to have it all together.
Can you try all that while you're lying down? I like to read in bed and I have never been able to get this working right. It works find if I'm sitting up, though. It's like my g-sensor turns off or something. I've pretty much given up on ever trying to use it again.

The rest of the app is excellent.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #201
mysweety
Connoisseur

Quote:
Can you try all that while you're lying down? I like to read in bed and I have never been able to get this working right. It works find if I'm sitting up, though. It's like my g-sensor turns off or something. I've pretty much given up on ever trying to use it again.

No the sensor only works for me when the PB360 is vertical to the ground. So if you're lying down it should work unless you're reading in a position parallel to the ground.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #202
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:

Unlike the previous poster I did manage to make it work while lying on bed.
You are lying on your bed, on one side, with book in the Portrait mode and you have proped the reader on bed, so the display is in vertical position, with the longest edge of the reader parallel to the bed ;-). When you need to turn the page you tilt the reader so it is rotating around the ax that is perpendicular to the screen, so the reader ends up with screen still in vertical position, but the short edge of the screen is parallel to the bed.

Code:

Original position of the reader
-----------------
|                |
|                |
|                |
|                |
-----------------
                 ^ 
                 rotate reader around this point with the display still facing you.

pageturning position
-----------
|          |
|          |
|          |
|          |
|          |
|          |
|          |
-----------
You might want to set the angle to 70° for this to work comfortably.

Sorry ... I am an engineer ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #203
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Well, well... look what the Katze brought:

http://pbook.s3.amazonaws.com/fbreader_180h.zip

A new version of FBReader180! This time it comes from SciFiFan, not from GrayNM. From what Fork says, there has been a huge improvement concerning blank lines, text styles like bold or cursive letters and, in general, a bug correction.

Enjoy, and cheers for SciFiFan!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #204
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Well, well... look what the Katze brought:

http://pbook.s3.amazonaws.com/fbreader_180h.zip

A new version of FBReader180! This time it comes from SciFiFan, not from GrayNM. From what Fork says, there has been a huge improvement concerning blank lines, text styles like bold or cursive letters and, in general, a bug correction.
Some notable items in settings:
  • Use Style Sheets (CSS) in EPUB
  • Advanced -> Status replacement info content -- Here you can switch on or off 10 various things to display, such as Filename and type, book title, author, series, current chapter, date and time, battery info ...

This the reason why I love my PocketBook 360.
Thank you PocketBook
Thank you SfiFiFan
Thank you GrayNM
and thank you again SfiFiFan
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #205
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Some notable items in settings:
  • Use Style Sheets (CSS) in EPUB
  • Advanced -> Status replacement info content -- Here you can switch on or off 10 various things to display, such as Filename and type, book title, author, series, current chapter, date and time, battery info ...
Can you elaborate on item 1, or is there a website where I can read about it?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #206
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

... also I tried changing some of the items in
Advanced -> Status replacement info content
but it didn't seem to change anything in my info pop-up.

Am I being incredibly dim?
Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #207
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
If the status bar is disabled, might it be the file has no more metadata to show?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #208
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

You may be right, fjtorres, but this application makes no sense to me at the moment. I hope someone will eventually stop by to elucidate.

So far, I switched on every option in 'Advanced -> Status replacement info content' in FBReader config. My epub displayed the following items in the pop-up info box from the 'About book' option:
FileName, FileType, Title, Author, Genre, Size, DateWritten.

The only way I can view Currpos&Total, Time, BatteryInfo is if I re-enable the Status bar, i.e. it's not in the info pop-up.

As for Series and CurrChapter - no sign at all - although I suppose Series can be seen as part of the Filename if you have a suitable naming convention.

I then went back into FBReader config and switched off every option (except FileName) in 'Advanced -> Status replacement info content'. The info pop-up looks exactly the same as it did before.

I can't even begin to guess how to use the other option 'Use Style Sheets (CSS) in EPUB'. In config it has just 2 options On/Off.

In conclusion, so far I cannot see what this version does that the previous one didn't. Although I do have to admit to being more of a hacked-AdobeViewer fan than an fbreader fan.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #209
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
It works for me.
Try the Barsoom Omnibus by Edgar Rice Burroughs from the books here; it sisplays Author Genre, etc.
I also get battery, time, chapter, etc.
It is a massive (11 volume) book so pagination takes time but eventually the green loght goes out and it displays the position accurately.
(That just happens to be the book I'm reading so I know it works fine. I'm rereading the series in preparation for the upcoming John Carter of Mars movie. Now if only somebody would take a crack at doing Lensmen right...)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #210
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

@fjtorres

Thanks for trying to help. I tried the Barsoom Omnibus EPUB as suggested. I'm afraid the results were exactly the same as when I used my previous EPUB.

I'm using v15.2 firmware. I wonder if this has anything to do with my problem? I'm not inclined to mess with my firmware just now as it has been quite stable. Perhaps I need to retry once a stable version of v15.3 becomes available.