Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can't get Instapaper working

I'm probably missing something, but I can't get Instapaper to send email to my Kindle 3. I think I have things set up right, but nothing shows up on my Kindle.

I have the "Read Later" button installed. It correctly saves a web page when clicked.

I have the Instapaper email address added to my permitted addresses. And I have the K3's address in the box on the Manage Your Kindle page at Instapaper.

When I go to the Instapaper site I can see two pages I have saved. I click on Account, Manage My Kindle Settings, then hit the "Send Now" button. This should, as far as I know, email the pages to my Kindle 3, but nothing shows up when I hit "Sync and check for new items." And nothing shows up under "Delivery Status" on Amazon.

Also, I have my limit set to $0.01 for email charges so it should send the files to my K3 and send me an email, but I'm not seeing those either.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
If it's not email addresses, I don't know what it could be. I have mine set to automatically send every day if there's at least one article. Since my personal doc limit is $0.10, I get a notice on my Kindle that my limit has been exceeded and then it's forwarded to my free account so it appears on my home screen and in my email inbox. I just clicked "send now" and the whole process took about 10 seconds.

My Kindle's email address is not the same as its name. Is it possible that yours are different, too? You might want to double check that the address you used is truly the address registered with Amazon.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 01:30 AM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, I'll double check that. I copy & pasted the address directly off Amazon's Manage Your Kindle page, but maybe I made a mistake I'm overlooking with the email address.

Edit: The problem was indeed with the email address. My K1's address was name@kinde my K3's was name_k3@kindle. I changed the K3's address to something completely different and it started working.

Last edited by carld; 09-05-2010 at 01:51 AM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote