Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #61
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Firmware still 127M unpacked
I doubt that there is any more flash rom available. The size is always exactly the same.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #62
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
@Thomas
Yes, that is correct.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #63
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Do I understand right that if one were to press and hold the power button and turn the device all the way off, the clock would be reset?
Yes! And I think some other activities cause it to happen. I have reset my clock a number of times AND I did not power OFF.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #64
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Great I loaded up now... Thanks!
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #65
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Yes! And I think some other activities cause it to happen. I have reset my clock a number of times AND I did not power OFF.
BUT if yew lock the keyboard, that doesn't use power? Or cause burn in?
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #66
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also Svenska (Swedish), Thai and Danska (Danish) are now visible in the language list. This makes a total of 26 languages!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #67
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

@Thomas
E-ink doesn't get any screen burn.
It uses an extremely low amount of power if not completely turned off.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
BUT if yew lock the keyboard, that doesn't use power? Or cause burn in?
There is a thread with the PEz completely disassembled. The last screen is still showing.
There is no burn, because there is no illuminated pixels involved.
I get well over a week of heavy reading now (It is hard to tell completely as I plug in the USB to update my library, then disconnect. Still, the battery reads FULL). I lock the keyboard so I do not lose my place wen I transit.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #69
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I (obviously incorrectly) assumed the updates were put on the internal storage. It is a minor irritation to have one of the eight available "slots" taken by something I don't use. I don't like "Restore_PC" using a slot on the first page of both the SD card and the built-in storage. If it's reason for existing is to keep track of where you are in a book, I would prefer it hidden. Where are the firmware updates, in ROM? I still have to think which is which after all these years! When I open the Restore folder there is nothing there. Maybe it is where bookmarks are stored, but since I've yet to read a book that accommodated bookmarking, I don't know.

theducks, I wasn't especially thinking of saving space, but My PocketPro seems less responsive since the last firmware update...although I'm not 100% sure of this as it just may have something to do w/recent books...I thought it may have something to do w/updates.

Lord a'mercy, Robertb, I've given away a Cybook, my XO-1 and my DT375 but I would never consider selling my P.Pro!

Also, I'm not begrudging language availability for everyone. I just know I'll never learn Denish (sic...from you website).
I, like everyone here, appreciate greatly your (Astak's) responsiveness.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #70
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Is there any reason to update to the lastest firmware if you don't need the language supoort or care about the clock or extra music feature?
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #71
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
I (obviously incorrectly) assumed the updates were put on the internal storage. It is a minor irritation to have one of the eight available "slots" taken by something I don't use. I don't like "Restore_PC" using a slot on the first page of both the SD card and the built-in storage. If it's reason for existing is to keep track of where you are in a book, I would prefer it hidden. Where are the firmware updates, in ROM? I still have to think which is which after all these years! When I open the Restore folder there is nothing there. Maybe it is where bookmarks are stored, but since I've yet to read a book that accommodated bookmarking, I don't know.
The Restore_PC folder contains hidden files, these files keep track of the last page you were on when reading - hence you can close a book on page 200 and come back a week later after reading others and it will open up on page 200.

When you update the firmware it is copied from your SD card to the PP, so after updating you can delete the v5setup.bin from your SD card. That file ONLY gets read when you perform a firmware update.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #72
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Thumbs up Version Listing as a Sticky

I just updated the sticky post with the version listing from this update. As I was editing it, I noticed that Astak and Jinke have provided an update every month since its release.

Way to go, Astak/Jinke.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #73
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
There is a thread with the PEz completely disassembled. The last screen is still showing.
There is no burn, because there is no illuminated pixels involved.
I get well over a week of heavy reading now (It is hard to tell completely as I plug in the USB to update my library, then disconnect. Still, the battery reads FULL). I lock the keyboard so I do not lose my place wen I transit.
This thread of the disassembly was captured for the wiki. There are many of these in the wiki for various eBook Readers.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:15 AM   #74
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
PDF renderer seems faster on page transitions.

Here's to hoping that the next firmware version will include anti-aliasing adjustments to bring text sharpness more in line with the Sony screens.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:52 AM   #75
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Is there any reason to update to the lastest firmware if you don't need the language supoort or care about the clock or extra music feature?
Well with there being nothing of interest in the new update for you I would say no. I installed the latest to see if the scroll-wheel worked on adjusting the volume for TTS (it doesn't). There is a sticky thread that AJ Starr started to keep track of firmware changes. The one prior to this was a must (it fixed the battery/sleep bug).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote