Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
A password screen for the PRS-505?

Hi all,
After a year with the 500, I sold it on eBay and plan to pick up my 505 at a SonyStyle store today. (By the way -- the screen on the 700 did not have the great contrast that the 505 had - important to me).

Just wondering.....
My iPaq PDA has a login screen where you enter a password to gain access to the device.

Is it possible to have this option on the PRS-505?

thanks.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:38 AM   #2
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenstate View Post
Just wondering.....
My iPaq PDA has a login screen where you enter a password to gain access to the device.

Is it possible to have this option on the PRS-505?
Your 500 had one. At the main screen, choose "0" for Settings and turn on "Screen Lock". It's more a PIN than a password, but when you only have number keys ...
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenstate View Post
Just wondering.....
... and so did the PRS-500 which you claim to have owned for a year. Didn't you ever look at the menus in that year?

It's exactly the same on the 505.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #4
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
thanks for your quick replies.

No..I did not look through the menu screens and only recently thought that this option would be nice to have since I just set up a password on my iPaq.

I guess it is like the my favorite old saying...
If all else fails...read the instructions....
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You enter a 4-digit PIN using the 0-9 number keys. Seems to work well when I played with it on my PRS-500, although I never used it "for real" because I didn't have anything "sensitive" on my Reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert