Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 06:55 AM   #676
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardOrMayo View Post
I know it wouldn't work on the 1.x firmware, but maybe it works on the 2.x firmware? I can't check as I'm still awaiting the return of my Mimas.

Yep! The software does run in colour but gets downscaled to greyscale by the display controller (probably an IT8951 series chip), and the built-in reader runs in greyscale, at least for PDFs. I have taken screenshots before, and the Mimas is the only one that can do it using the built-in Android command (Power + Page Right). All other RK3368 based Likebook models require an external app and/or Android USB debugging in order to do it.

Here
's a screenshot I posted a while back.
That's cause page right is mapped to volume down which power+vol down is universal android screenshot combo.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:03 PM   #677
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Alright, i've been told that downloaded update is stored at root directory as file without any extension. And somehow it is not visible through Windows explorer. But if you use non-default file manager on your reader (such as Root explorer) and copy that file somewhere else then you'll be able to see it from your computer. So, if someone else gets update, please, check on the update file and save it somewhere for others if you can.

Last edited by Bratken; 03-30-2020 at 05:38 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2020, 10:52 PM   #678
wwweagle
wwweagle began at the beginning.

I've uploaded a V2.3.2 Mimas rom update.zip, dated Mar. 12. So far so good on mine.

https://yadi.sk/d/3hXlTMOnuVIiHg

Last edited by wwweagle; 04-01-2020 at 10:56 PM.
wwweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:59 PM   #679
wwweagle
wwweagle began at the beginning.

update screenshot

from moderator
This image is way too big for inline viewing and is against MobileRead rules. I have moved it to an attachment.

DaleDe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8OmsUG1.png
Views:	179
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	178070  

Last edited by DaleDe; 04-02-2020 at 11:55 AM.
wwweagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:55 AM   #680
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Got update too. Good thing you got the package.
I'll make it double:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dc...77w5-sObsiKuys
https://yadi.sk/d/5wqgOGNpak_rKg

Last edited by Bratken; 04-02-2020 at 07:03 AM.
Advert
Old 04-03-2020, 05:56 AM   #681
Bratken
Connoisseur

So i asked likebook about making/restoring backup because not everybody is getting updates.
TL;DR: they said readers with 1.1 firmware don't get 2.x updates intentionally since 2.2 has been recalled. And only those with 2.2+ still get updates.
BUT at the end of april they plan to roll out 2.4 for everybody. So we should just wait.
You won't get brick if you update from 1.1 to 2.3 but there may bugs occur since we don't know for sure what's been changed

Last edited by Bratken; 04-03-2020 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #682
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
So i asked likebook about making/restoring backup because not everybody is getting updates.
TL;DR: they said readers with 1.1 firmware don't get 2.x updates intentionally since 2.2 has been recalled. And only those with 2.2+ still get updates.
BUT at the end of april they plan to roll out 2.4 for everybody. So we should just wait.
You won't get brick if you update from 1.1 to 2.3 but there may bugs occur since we don't know for sure what's been changed
That's great to know. Thank you for posting that update!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #683
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
Quote:
WHAT?!

So that explains why mine didn't get 2.x!! I have a limited edition (to me) white mode, which had 1.0, and I believe the black ones sold in 2019 came with 1.1 out of the box, but I may be wrong. Wait a minute...

Quote:
Ah! Coincidentally, I sent mine in for repair back in December, and as of posting this, still haven't got it back, however, their current estimate appears to be by the end of April. I'm just hoping they can contact me this week about completing the repair job and getting it back to me.

Quote:
Yeah, I guess it's safer for me to wait for the official release.

I do believe the reason 2.2 was recalled was due to a migration issue with the built-in notes app, that someone posted a clip of but I don't feel like finding.
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:46 AM   #684
Bratken
Connoisseur

Quote:
WHAT?!
I do believe the reason 2.2 was recalled was due to a migration issue with the built-in notes app, that someone posted a clip of but I don't feel like finding.
Notes, indeed, got worse, in my opinion in v2 firmware. Plus, those notes which i made in 1.x version are buggy. Like, i try to delete within selected area but nothing happens in some notebooks. So it's easier just to remove whole page. Sometimes things vanish too slow when i use eraser. This is frustrating

Last edited by Bratken; 04-06-2020 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #685
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Quote:
Any guess / rumor / confirmed data /whatever you may have on what is to be included on 2.4?

BTW, can anyone help me with this Boyue reader software font issue?

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:24 PM   #686
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Notes, indeed, got worse, in my opinion in v2 firmware.
Oh dear! Oh my!

Quote:
Plus, those notes which i made in 1.x version are buggy. Like, i try to delete within selected area but nothing happens in some notebooks. So it's easier just to remove whole page. Sometimes things vanish too slow when i use eraser. This is frustrating
I mean, I too had annoying problems with the 1.x version of the built-in notes app, mainly pages getting erased if I'm not careful with the "undo" button, but I didn't know it's worse in 2.x!

I could consider switching to Boox, but including the fact that my Mimas is still at Boyue's facility in China awaiting repair, the main problem for me is that it'd blow a massive hole in my savings, but at least, as of posting this comment, the local distributor offers a slightly lower price than the official store. Not to mention, some personal stuff that I don't think I should mention here, but can if someone wants me to.

Spoiler:
I know Boyue offered me the option to pay some amount of money (they didn't tell me exactly how much) to upgrade me to a Likebook Alita, but…

Quote:
…I declined and resisted, for several reasons:
  1. No page keys, so I'd have to run an overlay app in order to take screenshots. (EDIT 2: It turns out that they placed a "screenshot" toggle in the notification shade, but only in the 2.x firmware)
  2. I don't like the default case included with the Alita, however, i do believe I can use cases intended for stuff like the reMarkable 1st generation and Boox Note series, as long as it's a case with a sticky pad rather than a moulded holder
  3. I'd rather get a Boox Note2 rather than a Likebook Alita, as I don't see much of a difference between the two, though I still wish Onyx at least included memory card slots on their Boox devices. I could get one of the former, but the problem for me is that it'd blow a massive hole in my savings. As for the Boox Note Pro, that lacks USB hosting support which I'd want for my research project, while the Note2 runs on Onyx's newer hardware platform that I think uses rejected Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chips (I can't confirm for obvious reasons) where the cellular and/or camera components had failed factory tests, and so Onyx disabled those in their Android software. I would've liked Onyx to make more use of the SoCs they put in their devices, and I'm hoping they do so with a possible "Boox Note2 Pro" that could have a colour display with a greyscale mode, which in turn would really benefit me as someone who primarily reads comics, oh yeah, a memory card slot and a few other features I wish for.

Even worse for me, is that...
Quote:
Today is also the beginning of a "circuit breaker" lockdown period in Singapore, where I live, that sounds comparable to similar things in the UK, US, and Italy, based on what I heard on Twitter. As part of that, I decided to stick to what I currently have and just read on those. More info here.

Last edited by MustardOrMayo; 04-06-2020 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Removed redundancy
Old 04-07-2020, 02:16 PM   #687
Bratken
Connoisseur

Quote:
Oh dear! Oh my!
I could consider switching to Boox
I totally want to switch to onyx but while we get support from boyue i'd like to see where will it lead us since this is my first ereader. When i decided to get 10 inch reader i didn't even cosider notes. I didn't even know it has dedicated notes part. I just wanted 10'' reader for reasonable price (in context of readers, hehe) with backlit. And 1 year ago i got Mimas. When i got my hands on the notes i got rid of all paper on my job. It felt so good that i could just move stuff from one page to another and erase everything else i don't need anymore. Really nice experience and i still hope that boyue will make their app stable.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:59 PM   #688
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur

Quote:
When i decided to get 10 inch reader i didn't even cosider notes. I didn't even know it has dedicated notes part. I just wanted 10'' reader for reasonable price (in context of readers, hehe) with backlit. And 1 year ago i got Mimas.
Similar reason for me! I mainly wanted to get it for research on some software I began conceptualising at the time, and I heard about it from the "Good e-Reader" review. At first, I used it for art sketches, then I began using it for more and more, but over time, I got introduced to more and more books that actually fit my reading interests. At first, before getting mine, I just read webcomics, then one of those webcomic authors on Twitter retweeted a share thread involving indie comic books, and I got to reading those, then later that year, Twitter recommended more users, websites, and publishers relating to not just webcomics, but also comic books and graphic novels, as well as illustrated novels. I finally found fiction books that fit my reading interests, whereas in my 2 previous attempts to get into e-books in 2010 and 2013, I was never successful. Yes, that means that I primarily read comics.

Quote:
and i still hope that boyue will make their app stable.
I agree!
Old 04-09-2020, 04:28 AM   #689
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
... i got Mimas. When i got my hands on the notes i got rid of all paper on my job. It felt so good that i could just move stuff from one page to another and erase everything else i don't need anymore. Really nice experience and i still hope that boyue will make their app stable.
Do you mean notes on Mimas are good? I thought people here were complaining about them...

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3S mediante Tapatalk
viceant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:19 AM   #690
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Boyue made the firmware FW-V2.3.2 update available (https://twitter.com/BoyueTechnology/...359203331?s=20) for download by Mega (https://t.co/ikSclpqQsh?amp=1). It's a full (not incremental) update so you can update from any previous version.
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote