Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #661
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by josebla View Post
It's a pity, I think the new firmware is a step forward, with improved and new functions, although there are still some things to "polish" and modify, like exporting notes to pdf instead of HTML file
How about the basic ability to write on a pdf when it's properly scaled to fit the screen.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:26 PM   #662
jask
jask began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
so far last firmware is half baked
some issues:
- we get something like a mandatory pseudo-A2 mode, screen does not refresh frequently enough in normal mode, user can't customize refresh rate, specially in some pdf files where per page refreshing is a must.
- note sharing has lots of bugs, when I export in batch locally, the folders sometimes contain just one page of the entire notebook (1 of 10+ pages)
- no PDF exporting, this was actually working well enough in previous firmware and they removed it, without PDF note exporting there is no reliable way of backing up notes.

I am actually so annoyed by this, the hardware is great (backlight, display quality, reading experience, paperlike note taking), but this half baked software makes this a hobbyist device at best. Not reliable enough, not at all.
jask is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #663
josebla
josebla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW2 & Likebook Mimas (T103D) 10.3 inch''
Quote:
Originally Posted by jask View Post
I am actually so annoyed by this, the hardware is great (backlight, display quality, reading experience, paperlike note taking), but this half baked software makes this a hobbyist device at best. Not reliable enough, not at all.
I agree, the hardware is quite good (or, at least, I like it more than newer models or models from other manufacturers: I still like the 3.5mm audio jack output, for example, better than having to use bluetooth earphones with no other choice).

I've sent some emails to Boyue. They replied quite soon, I guess they are aware of the problems and I'm sure they will be fixed soon.

Lately there is "that problem" over there, that probably has made them stay at home for quite some time, so I expect the fixes will be a little later than expected, but I still trust.
josebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #664
jtfl28
jtfl28 began at the beginning.

Once I again I seem to be the only one getting this error, but emailing them has yet to be helpful. Since the update back in January I haven't been able to use the note feature of the device. I linked a video of what it looks like. The only way I fixed it last time was to completely wipe the device and lose all of my notes. This time however it happened again except I didn't touch anything I was using the notes just fine, the device auto turned off after some time of inactivity, now suddenly I can't access the note tab once again. Has this happened to anyone else?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IZj...w?usp=drivesdk
jtfl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:23 AM   #665
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
People with Mars are getting 2.3.0. I stuck with buggy 2.2.0. Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfl28 View Post
Once I again I seem to be the only one getting this error, but emailing them has yet to be helpful. Since the update back in January I haven't been able to use the note feature of the device. I linked a video of what it looks like. The only way I fixed it last time was to completely wipe the device and lose all of my notes. This time however it happened again except I didn't touch anything I was using the notes just fine, the device auto turned off after some time of inactivity, now suddenly I can't access the note tab once again. Has this happened to anyone else?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IZj...w?usp=drivesdk
i'd see logcat (using ADB) when this happens. Looks like boyue app crashes when you try to access notes. I had something similar even on previous firmware but simple reboot was enough

Last edited by Bratken; 03-18-2020 at 04:19 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #666
Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd began at the beginning.

Help needed!

Dear fellow likebook users , as you know because of this corona virus lots of schools moving towards online courses. Since I am a math teacher, I need to write math stuff while explaining them to my students. I was wondering if there is any way I can use my likebook as the board and record an audio while explaining the course materials. The best case scenario for me is to share my ebook reader screen on my pc and meanwhile record the audio. Do you think it is doable? Any help is highly appreciated.
Pink Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:32 PM   #667
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Floyd View Post
Help needed!

Dear fellow likebook users , as you know because of this corona virus lots of schools moving towards online courses. Since I am a math teacher, I need to write math stuff while explaining them to my students. I was wondering if there is any way I can use my likebook as the board and record an audio while explaining the course materials. The best case scenario for me is to share my ebook reader screen on my pc and meanwhile record the audio. Do you think it is doable? Any help is highly appreciated.
You may try AnyDesk. Teamviewer doesn't work.
Install it on your reader and your PC. Then you may share desktop using Skype.
It will work sort of slow and probably drain battery fast. But still gonna work. After you launch AnyDesk it will guide you to download extension to support ereader (AOSP2), install it and you may connect from now using your PC
See:
https://imgur.com/a/NIm9Fev

Last edited by Bratken; 03-20-2020 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:07 AM   #668
Gustaw
Gustaw began at the beginning.

I have a question to headphone users with Mimas. What type is the audio jack?. Is this TRS or TRRS?
Gustaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 03:25 AM   #669
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Floyd View Post
Help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
You may try AnyDesk. Teamviewer doesn't work.
Install it on your reader and your PC. Then you may share desktop using Skype.
It will work sort of slow and probably drain battery fast. But still gonna work. After you launch AnyDesk it will guide you to download extension to support ereader (AOSP2), install it and you may connect from now using your PC
See:
https://imgur.com/a/NIm9Fev
You can also if you have google play enabled just get a screen recording app, I use this one on my phone all the time and put it on my ares (mimas is not charged at the moment) and here is a sample of a video I made on it, also as a bonus it will also be in color if you pick color in your drawing app as it records in full color as the os is in color the eink screen just can't show it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...order&hl=en_US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57_G...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by rvcjew; 03-23-2020 at 03:31 AM.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:40 AM   #670
hcdoro
hcdoro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
either ebay or amazon, after they sold the device and the money guaranty period even the product still in the warranty period but it seems many responding while we have errors to ask for help. As my likebooks alita, I bought since June 2019. I got two time replacement, first due to the pen in Sept. 2019, the second due to the program in upcoming date no sure when yet as they will respond in one month each.
good luck, Geordie2019!
hcdoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #671
Bratken
Connoisseur

So, we got 2.3.1-2020032715
New features:
1. Zreader:
* Add traditional and simplified functions
* Add vertical function
* Add single book display multiple fonts function
2. PDF forbidden mode:
* Added support for side note notes
* Add select page jump function
3. Minimalist desktop:
* New icon arrangement for fast switching
* New application management function (supports hidden list)
4. Rotation adds direction selection function

Optimization function:
1. Optimize the probabilistic bookshelf not to display books
2. Note sharing to local supports immediate jump function
3. The problem of deleted books will be displayed on the bookshelf again
4. The problem that the handwriting cannot be saved (the handwritten content of the previous page is still displayed after turning page of the pdf book)
5. Fix the problem that the book signature is restored after reopening the bookmark
6. Fix the problem of encryption / crash/unselectable words in individual books;
7. Other problems are fixed and experience optimization

Couldn't find update package in the filesystem

Last edited by Bratken; 03-27-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:18 PM   #672
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
You can also if you have google play enabled just get a screen recording app, I use this one on my phone all the time and put it on my ares (mimas is not charged at the moment) and here is a sample of a video I made on it,
I know it wouldn't work on the 1.x firmware, but maybe it works on the 2.x firmware? I can't check as I'm still awaiting the return of my Mimas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
also as a bonus it will also be in color if you pick color in your drawing app as it records in full color as the os is in color the eink screen just can't show it.
Yep! The software does run in colour but gets downscaled to greyscale by the display controller (probably an IT8951 series chip), and the built-in reader runs in greyscale, at least for PDFs. I have taken screenshots before, and the Mimas is the only one that can do it using the built-in Android command (Power + Page Right). All other RK3368 based Likebook models require an external app and/or Android USB debugging in order to do it.

Here
's a screenshot I posted a while back.
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #673
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustaw View Post
I have a question to headphone users with Mimas. What type is the audio jack?. Is this TRS or TRRS?
TRRS, but at least on my early production white model, it's poorly wired, so lacks support for headset controls and microphone, and outputs interference.
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:03 AM   #674
josebla
josebla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW2 & Likebook Mimas (T103D) 10.3 inch''
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
So, we got 2.3.1-2020032715
That’s good news, but my Mimas doesn’t offer me to upgrade... it says I’m already using latest version, and it is 2.2.0-2020011316.
josebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:03 PM   #675
Bratken
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebla View Post
That’s good news, but my Mimas doesn’t offer me to upgrade... it says I’m already using latest version, and it is 2.2.0-2020011316.
I really tried to find zip with update before installing it to share with others and spent 30 mins checking on every directory with no result. It worked before. I think it's time to find user-friendly tutorial on how to dump firmware and restore it