Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 02:09 AM   #601
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
new firmware will be ready in middle of Nov with big improve like more powerful handwriting feature in note, support left hand mode, cloud export to goolge drive or dropbox or email will be add too.
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #602
Rafaelgarcia
Rafaelgarcia began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by josebla View Post
Hi,

yes, I’m running the last versión of firmware. But you don’t need to press the three-button icon, just press in that corner while viewing any page of the document, and a small triangle will appear in the corner of that page (just where you pressed). If you press on a page that has already been bookmarked, then you erase that mark, so pressing in the upper right corner works like a toggle.
Hi Josebla,
I’m new in what’s to do with e-readers but now thanks to you my pdf reading is much more efficient. Much appreciated!
Rafaelgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2019, 03:36 PM   #603
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
new firmware will be ready in middle of Nov with big improve like more powerful handwriting feature in note, support left hand mode, cloud export to goolge drive or dropbox or email will be add too.
Really looking forward to that left handed mode <3 Some other minor things are that if you copy an ebook onto the device it renders the cover but if you delete it and reupload it fterwards, it'll just show a blank cover.

Also, numbering should be going:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ...
Instead of the current situation where it is:
1, 10, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ...
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #604
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
Also, numbering should be going:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ...
In alphabetical fields it is impossible.
If you want this you have to write 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, ....
Quote:
Instead of the current situation where it is:
1, 10, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ...
It is handled from left to right - therfore the "1" in "10" is smaller than the "2".
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:24 AM   #605
josebla
josebla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW2 & Likebook Mimas (T103D) 10.3 inch''
Thumbs up

Quote:
Above all, and apart from solving problems and adding new features, my conclusion and what makes me happy is that this device is "alive", that Boyue is often upgrading its firmware and keeping it up to date. We have seen many devices of multiple kinds die because the manufacturer didn't upgrade them nor take care of their users. Thanks to Boyue for that 博阅

(PD: i had some problems with notes taken on pdf documents in older firmwares, like duplicating my writings in pages other than where I wrote, and even losing some pages in the Notes app; I don't know if they are solved as I didn't have time to test recently, but I'll inform as soon as I can)
josebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #606
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
In alphabetical fields it is impossible.
If you want this you have to write 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, ....
It is handled from left to right - therfore the "1" in "10" is smaller than the "2".
Linux seems to have no issue with it so I wouldn't say it's impossible. I could probably get Calibre to prepend a zero on single digit numbers I guess but neither my Kobo nor my desktop seem to require hacks like that.
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:30 PM   #607
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
Linux seems to have no issue with it so I wouldn't say it's impossible. I could probably get Calibre to prepend a zero on single digit numbers I guess but neither my Kobo nor my desktop seem to require hacks like that.
Linux has the same problem.
Sorting alphanumeric fields (text) starts from left to right and "1" from "10" is lower than "2"
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:59 PM   #608
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Linux has the same problem.
Sorting alphanumeric fields (text) starts from left to right and "1" from "10" is lower than "2"
It depends on how you set up the tool that does the sorting. In Linux, "sort -V" is a good start.

From the man page of sort:
-V, --version-sort
natural sort of (version) numbers within text
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:19 AM   #609
el-ramires
el-ramires began at the beginning.

Device: boyue Likebook Mimas (T103D)
Hi,
Trying to turn on BT/wifi/backlight in popup menu (on top), but it just close and do nothing. After reboot it works fine.
Does anyone have this bug?
el-ramires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #610
shak3800
Connoisseur
shak3800 began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus E653
Hi everyone

I ve been thinking for some time now to get mimas but i was wondering if you could help me out make the right choice between that and alita since onyx is out of my budget.

I mostly need it to read manga, pdfs and epubs. I dont care much for note taking but i would like to be fast enough and be able to read pdfs without the need of reflow since they will have maps in them. Also to read manga is important to have almost no ghosting. My current boyue t61 has a lot of ghosting and automatic refresh doesnt happen with 3rd party readers.

The question is shoyld i go for alita and pay that extra 100 euros or just get mimas?
shak3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:46 PM   #611
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shak3800 View Post
Hi everyone

I ve been thinking for some time now to get mimas but i was wondering if you could help me out make the right choice between that and alita since onyx is out of my budget.

I mostly need it to read manga, pdfs and epubs. I dont care much for note taking but i would like to be fast enough and be able to read pdfs without the need of reflow since they will have maps in them. Also to read manga is important to have almost no ghosting. My current boyue t61 has a lot of ghosting and automatic refresh doesnt happen with 3rd party readers.

The question is shoyld i go for alita and pay that extra 100 euros or just get mimas?
There is ghosting and automatic refresh doesn't happen with 3rd party readers like tachiyomi. The ghosting is no so bad but if you are looking for it you will see it. And I don't think this problem is solved in neither the alita nor the onyx readers because the external apps don't have access to the refreshing function. With the system apps you just can adjust the refreshing rate to almost every page but I think you can do that with your current boyue.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 02:26 AM   #612
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by shak3800 View Post
Hi everyone

If you don't need notetaking then Mimas should do.
As far i can get Alita has new design and more RAM: 4 vs 2. But same CPU and software (same bugs and errors then ).
BUT if you're planning to use apps that are heavy on RAM then better get Alita
For ghosting issue you can set refresh cycle for system app as mentioned above. Don't know about 3rd party apps
Boyue guys reply to your feedback so there're high chances for bugs getting fixed if you submit about errors properly

Last edited by Bratken; 10-17-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:16 AM   #613
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Will it include Android 8.0? Goodereader dropped some news about Likebook Mars:
https://goodereader.com/blog/boyue-e...android-8-soon

UPD: Yep, Mimas, Alita, Mars and some other will get Android 8. Good luck with testing. Find as much bugs and errors as possible

Last edited by Bratken; 10-28-2019 at 03:46 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #614
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Will it include Android 8.0? Goodereader dropped some news about Likebook Mars:
https://goodereader.com/blog/boyue-e...android-8-soon

UPD: Yep, Mimas, Alita, Mars and some other will get Android 8. Good luck with testing. Find as much bugs and errors as possible
I would imagine that they will get Android Go Edition with 8.1

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #615
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I would imagine that they will get Android Go Edition with 8.1
I doubt it'll be Go Edition, as that's for devices with 1 GB or less RAM, unless some of the RK3368 based Boyue models have that much RAM. I'm hoping Boyue offers at least 8.1, as there's a bug in 8.0 that breaks Twitter emoji in the Twitter app. I'm also hoping Boyue updates system fonts as part of their frequent UX updates, and I'd like if they could provide 8.1 9.0, but most likely not 10.0 as that's very new and Android doesn't officially support e-paper as far as I know,
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote