Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #571
Ama86
Ama86 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Convert Mimas into a virtual digitizer

I installed Virtual Tablet app (http://www.sunnysidesoft.com/) on Mimas and linked it to my laptop via wifi. It worked!!

This small app lets you convert your stylus supported devices into a digitizer graphic tablet. So I gave it a try in Mimas. It worked well for me. But it is still a bit clumsy because you can not see your drawings on the mimas screen but only on the PC screen. So maybe not suitable for serious graphic works, but good to use as a fun addition.

And I like the Mimas support service offered through their emails. They replied and kept the conversion alive until my problem got solved (dictionary support for a single word in PDFs). That is a good sign!
Ama86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #572
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Sent Boyue another batch of errors in Notes. Hope they'll work it out:

1) Memory leak crashes are almost fixed
They still occur but rarely. Very often while idling with notes opened

2) OutOfBounds exception while trying to open notes (critical)
Funny error, actually.
How this happened:
1) Initially my notebook had 17 pages. And i was on page 17
2) Removed one page and then put the reader away. So i had 16 pages
3) Crash i mentioned above happened
4) When i tried to open up this notebook i started getting this error
Seems that BYReader app somehow didn't update configuration and kept on thinking that i'm still on page 17 while there're only 16 pages.
I proposed developers to start notebook from page 1 in case of such error. First page always exists and users will be able to use their notes. I can't use my notebook at this point but somehow i could export it into PDF so i'm not in trouble.
Code:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Invalid index 17, size is 16
3) Error after drawing straight line
Got this error after making series of straight lines (by holding pen at one point for 1 second). Simply create straight lines until you eventually get this error. Unstable
Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void com.by.hw.drawcomponent.ByPath.addPoint(com.by.hw.drawcomponent.ByPoint)' on a null object reference
4) Slow drawing in big notebooks (threading issue?)
Mentioned before. Appears in big notebooks

5) Slow export to PDF
Took me about 5 minutes to export 16 pages of my broken notebook

Last edited by Bratken; 08-27-2019 at 01:59 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #573
Jantah
Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantah View Post
Hi all, got my Mimas this week, and so far pretty happy with it (won't elaborate how the software needs work, I read this entire thread...).

First off, thanks for a lot of tips and ideas I got from this thread! There is not a lot of information around (let alone a manual), so this was very helpful.

Still have two questions:

First: did anybody get the custom templates working for multiple pages? I got that you need to create a new folder in the "template" directory and put the template image there. That works, but the template is only applied to the first page. Any pages you add after that will be blank.

Second, I feel like the "ink" from the pen is printing too far to the right when taking notes. It is not much, but it feels uncomfortable. Is this normal?
Well, got the Mimas replaced with a new one today, and this one has the same problem...

I even checked the serial number and it is another device indeed.

Am I just that unlucky, or are they all like this?
Jantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #574
gunnm
Connoisseur
gunnm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW(2018), Boyue T103D.
Quote:
Well, got the Mimas replaced with a new one today, and this one has the same problem...

Mine prints like 0.3 millimeter to the right but until you said it I didnt notice, and I have to put the pen completely perpendicular to the mimas to notice it.
gunnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:15 PM   #575
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:

Didn't notice too
well if it's within 1 mm it's ok, i guess. If it's 1 cm it's bad =)

UPD:
Likebook Alita has the same RK3368 CPU.
Onyx Note Pro and Max2 both have RK3288 which is faster up to 30% than 3368

Last edited by Bratken; 08-29-2019 at 05:14 AM.
Advert
Old 09-03-2019, 03:38 AM   #576
Chananpat
Chananpat began at the beginning.

Exclamation The power button on my brand new Boyue Likebook Mimas doesn't work.

After I slightly used my brand new Boyue Likebook Mimas for 2 weeks, the power button doesn't work anymore. Even though, I did factory reset, it doesn't fix the problem. Do you guys have any suggestion?
Chananpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:07 AM   #577
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chananpat View Post
After I slightly used my brand new Boyue Likebook Mimas for 2 weeks, the power button doesn't work anymore. Even though, I did factory reset, it doesn't fix the problem. Do you guys have any suggestion?
Does it feel any different then it did when new, how often did you use the power button vs waking it up with the case magnet? Are you saying it will no longer turn on the device from dead, and holding it down does not give you any power menu when the device is unlocked?
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #578
Chananpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Does it feel any different then it did when new, how often did you use the power button vs waking it up with the case magnet? Are you saying it will no longer turn on the device from dead, and holding it down does not give you any power menu when the device is unlocked?
Malcolm
Hi, thank you for your reply. The feeling when I press the pwer button is still the samw as new. The springiness of the switch is perfect - no loosen at all. And I always used the provided cover to activate the screen from sleep mode. I just pressed the power button to wake the device up while writing as the cover was flipped back on the table. This morning I found that my mimas was in "power off" screen but I could not wake it up. I finally pluged the charging cable in and out and It waked the reader showing 100% battery status. Right now, I have no other way to maintain the device to be usable except setting it never shutdown and usie the cover to turn it on. It has never given any shutdown menu when making a long press either. What is happening? Please help me.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #579
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi, thank you for your reply. The feeling when I press the pwer button is still the samw as new. The springiness of the switch is perfect - no loosen at all. And I always used the provided cover to activate the screen from sleep mode. I just pressed the power button to wake the device up while writing as the cover was flipped back on the table. This morning I found that my mimas was in "power off" screen but I could not wake it up. I finally pluged the charging cable in and out and It waked the reader showing 100% battery status. Right now, I have no other way to maintain the device to be usable except setting it never shutdown and usie the cover to turn it on. It has never given any shutdown menu when making a long press either. What is happening? Please help me.
What firmware version are you currently at? In the settings, update?
Malcolm
Old 09-05-2019, 04:17 AM   #580
Bratken
Connoisseur

Seems that we gonna get update soon (V2.0.0-2019040209):
http://bbs.boyue.com/forum.php?mod=v...extra=page%3D1
Google Translate:
In order to give everyone a better experience, now update a version!
-- The main content of the version update:
▷ Add third-party application settings, dictionaries, personal space and other functions;
▷ Optimized the UI design of the system as a whole and the bookshelf;
▷ Support local reading of more format books.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:19 AM   #581
Chananpat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
What firmware version are you currently at? In the settings, update?
Malcolm
Current version is BYRead-V1.1.2-2019080920.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:49 AM   #582
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Current version is BYRead-V1.1.2-2019080920.
Did you contact your seller?
Malcolm
Old 09-14-2019, 05:26 PM   #583
Bratken
Connoisseur

Control backlight with ADB:

Toggle
Code:
adb shell settings put system isLightOn true/false
Control cold light brightness (yes, it says warm, but actually cold )
X goes from 0 to 255
Code:
adb shell settings put system boyue_warm_light X
Old 09-16-2019, 03:54 AM   #584
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
According to the person (or persons) behind likebook@boyue.com next month's update will add a 'left handed mode' so that lefties like me can take notes on the left while the pdf is on the right
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:12 AM   #585
Bratken
Connoisseur

Strange. Source code contains things about FBReader. Feels like BYReader contains FBReader or something. Even has DJVU support. Also built-in purchases and OPDS. But how can you use it?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
According to the person (or persons) behind likebook@boyue.com next month's update will add a 'left handed mode' so that lefties like me can take notes on the left while the pdf is on the right
Did he tell you anything about being able to change page orientation?
I mean in 2-page mode pen goes down, volume buttons are on the left.
I'm right handed myself but reversed orientation is more convenient.
Just about to send feature request.

Last edited by Bratken; 09-18-2019 at 01:24 AM.