Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 01:22 PM   #556
yar57
yar57 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Muses
Is there a way in Notes with likebook mimas to move a single page from one notebook to another? Or to a different location within same notebook? Thanks
yar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:31 AM   #557
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by yar57 View Post
Is there a way in Notes with likebook mimas to move a single page from one notebook to another? Or to a different location within same notebook? Thanks
You can select whole page with selection tool or whatever it is called ('arrow' between 'eraser' and 'template') then tap on 'copy' (two squares) then you can paste it anywhere you want inside Notes via 3 dots menu. Not stupid if it works but still stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
Boyue company have more than 100 people and around 20 developer+7 testers, becuase they have many other projects not only likebook, they also have a lot customized firmware for bookseller or schools or OEM brand, that's why sometime update new fimrware a litter later, they are worknig new generation firmware which looks more powerful.
Well, i was figuratively speaking, but good to know. Ain't much but it's honest work © hope your people can keep up with such tempo. We have 12 devs and 3 testers including me, that's why i presumed that you also may have small development team. And that's why we shouldn't expect big changes in coming updates, but at least you fix critical issues.
Speaking of updates. It seems that new update finally fixed Notes crashing (or almost) and i can work with it safely

Two questions:
1) Do you know anything about support lifecycle of Mimas? I mean, how long we'll be getting updates...
2) Will Boyue consider any change requests?
Not speaking about global things like refactoring whole Airbook app and splitting it into 3 different apps (Launcher, Notes, Reader) but something like expanding existing features.

For example:
Add option to change display orientation otherwise when you read books in 2-page mode. I have to remove pen and put it somewhere else because pen is on the right side of the reader cover and i can't put reader on my knees because of that while reading. It would be better with pen on top. Also volume buttons will be under your right thumb when you hold reader. Convenient.

Last edited by Bratken; 08-14-2019 at 03:01 AM.
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2019, 03:19 AM   #558
Jantah
Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Dude he's not trying to be mean. It's a language barrier english is obviously not their first language and they were more trying to give the steps to solve that issue and saying the designers made it that way and it has unforseen complications perhaps. I don't think they are mad at anyone though. I'm not at you either to be clear.
Malcolm
That was my interpretation as well
Jantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:22 AM   #559
Jantah
Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
this is design like that, if you would like second or later page use same template, then you have to copy more that template in it.
Thanks for that.

So, the current design is: if we run out of template images, we continue with blank pages. Anybody think this is expected or wanted behaviour?
Old 08-14-2019, 03:33 AM   #560
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantah View Post
Thanks for that.

So, the current design is: if we run out of template images, we continue with blank pages. Anybody think this is expected or wanted behaviour?
I would expect the same behavior as with system templates - 1 image for all pages in notebook. At least it seems that app uses 1 image. But after your post i won't be surprised if Airbook app makes somewhere a new copy of system template each time you make new page

I think they just didn't focus enough on that feature.
Only my guess but i see this: analyst decided that reader should use custom templates. But they had no time to make proper paperwork with working logic and made it "as is" and left alone until some urgent happens

Last edited by Bratken; 08-14-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Advert
Old 08-14-2019, 03:49 AM   #561
rubensa
rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.rubensa could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

New Firmware Version BYRead-V1.1.2-2019080920

Yesterday updated to new firmware version BYRead-V1.1.2-2019080920

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190813-122846.png
Views:	353
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	172912
rubensa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:20 AM   #562
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubensa View Post
Yesterday updated to new firmware version BYRead-V1.1.2-2019080920

Attachment 172912
Good! And what is it like? Does it solve many bugs?

Last edited by viceant; 08-15-2019 at 03:21 AM. Reason: corrección
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:00 AM   #563
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Dude he's not trying to be mean. It's a language barrier english is obviously not their first language and they were more trying to give the steps to solve that issue and saying the designers made it that way and it has unforseen complications perhaps. I don't think they are mad at anyone though. I'm not at you either to be clear.
Malcolm
thank you so much. this i what i means....
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:25 AM   #564
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
You can select whole page with selection tool or whatever it is called ('arrow' between 'eraser' and 'template') then tap on 'copy' (two squares) then you can paste it anywhere you want inside Notes via 3 dots menu. Not stupid if it works but still stupid

Well, i was figuratively speaking, but good to know. Ain't much but it's honest work © hope your people can keep up with such tempo. We have 12 devs and 3 testers including me, that's why i presumed that you also may have small development team. And that's why we shouldn't expect big changes in coming updates, but at least you fix critical issues.
Speaking of updates. It seems that new update finally fixed Notes crashing (or almost) and i can work with it safely

Two questions:
1) Do you know anything about support lifecycle of Mimas? I mean, how long we'll be getting updates...
2) Will Boyue consider any change requests?
Not speaking about global things like refactoring whole Airbook app and splitting it into 3 different apps (Launcher, Notes, Reader) but something like expanding existing features.

For example:
Add option to change display orientation otherwise when you read books in 2-page mode. I have to remove pen and put it somewhere else because pen is on the right side of the reader cover and i can't put reader on my knees because of that while reading. It would be better with pen on top. Also volume buttons will be under your right thumb when you hold reader. Convenient.
i am just a distributor of liekbook( i often to thier office), so i can not 100% sure those quesitons you asked, here is something i knew
1. all the likebook devices will always keep update, such as new UI, New andorid verison, new feature or bug fix, at least end of this year no any problem, maybe different models have different
2. they are re-design the reading app and many new features will be added,looks very good and powerful. hope they will make this update in oct or Nov
3, they are welcome all users'feedback and suggestions to them( likebook@boyue.com), maybe lucky one can enjoy free device if they take your suggesitons.
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:41 AM   #565
Bratken
Connoisseur

Yep, new update is way more stable on Notes than the last one.
But now i'm concerned about battery life

Quote:
i am just a distributor of liekbook( i often to thier office), so i can not 100% sure those quesitons you asked, here is something i knew
1. all the likebook devices will always keep update, such as new UI, New andorid verison, new feature or bug fix, at least end of this year no any problem, maybe different models have different
2. they are re-design the reading app and many new features will be added,looks very good and powerful. hope they will make this update in oct or Nov
3, they are welcome all users'feedback and suggestions to them( likebook@boyue.com), maybe lucky one can enjoy free device if they take your suggesitons.
That's all you had to say
Thank you for replying. Gives us hope
Old 08-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #566
Jantah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
I would expect the same behavior as with system templates - 1 image for all pages in notebook. [...]
There is at least one template with multiple images.

I created a couple of them with multiple images (up to 68 of them...), but mainly because making annotations in PDF files is too cumbersome.

I would suggest repeating the last image of the template for new pages when we run out of template images. If you want to continue with blank pages (as it does now), just make sure the last image of the template is blank.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #567
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
One of my favorite things about the Mimas is the "ban mode". Let's hope they keep that forever. I don't want some palm rejection system like on other devices, I like turning off touch and using pen/buttons.

It's great that they added split screen note/pdf mode. But without the notes synced to the current page, it's just a random collection of notes. I'd like to see full ban mode here also.

Also I hope Boyue will add note annotations!

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 08-18-2019 at 04:03 AM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:54 AM   #568
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
I bought mine 'new' on ebay and consequently didn't get a cover so i have nothing to attach the pen to.

I hsven't been able to get one separate.

Edit: it's on amazon lol.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 08-18-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:36 AM   #569
Bratken
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
I bought mine 'new' on ebay and consequently didn't get a cover so i have nothing to attach the pen to.

I hsven't been able to get one separate.

Edit: it's on amazon lol.
Nibs, cover, screen protectors (not sure about protectors):
https://www.amazon.com/BOOX-Marker-T.../dp/B07HQJDX4Y
https://www.amazon.com/Leather-10-3i.../dp/B07QDDBPNZ
https://www.amazon.com/upscreen-Refl.../dp/B07VQN7K3L
https://www.amazon.com/upscreen-Prot.../dp/B07VQLQVV8
https://www.amazon.com/BROTECT-Prote.../dp/B07VPKXBHM
https://www.amazon.com/BROTECT-Prote.../dp/B07VPKX23V
Old 08-19-2019, 02:53 AM   #570
Bratken
Connoisseur

Does somebody else get crash after making straight line in Notes (by holding pen for 1 s)?
Try to draw several lines in a row. Every time you make a line app gets slower and slower then finally crashes.
Better do this
1) Make straight line
2) Draw random figure
Repeat until crash

Also it seems that there are problems with multithreading or something. In big notebooks (15-20 pages) when you write down sentence and immediately close notes with saving, note will be saved only with part of that sentence.

You can check it out without closing
1) Write down long sentence or draw something
2) When you finish quickly switch to previous page then come back

Sentence/your drawing would disappear or only part of it will appear. But if you wait you'll see that things will slowly start showing.
I checked - there is enough memory when this happens

P.S: feels like we work as testers. I don't know how to feel about that. But definitely not sad or angry. Just ok. Boyue guys answer to your mail and there's hope. Also i can't just pull out another 600$ for Onyx reader in one sit. So i'll just gonna send feedback.

And here's a thought for those who consider buying Boyue reader:
Boyue released Likebook Alita (~500$) which can compete with Onyx Boox Note Pro. Same CPU as Mimas but only with 4 gb of ram + glass + etc. But it has same software. And that's a problem. Because brand new reader will have all problems which we have. So i hope there will be a big update to bump up software quality.
Somebody said the right thing: good support for old customers and better devices for new customers

Last edited by Bratken; 08-19-2019 at 10:16 AM. Reason: case