Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-24-2016, 03:23 AM   #1
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Renaming when splitting files

Hi,

would it be possible to consolidate the renaming when splitting files in one of the next versions?

When i now split at cursor the new file is named Sectionxxxx.html where xxxx is a 4 digit number depending on files already present.

When i do a split at markers the new file is named like the original file having _xxxx appended.

I would like to have this naming style consistent appending a number instead of this section naming.

//rubeus
rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubeus View Post
Hi,

would it be possible to consolidate the renaming when splitting files in one of the next versions?

When i now split at cursor the new file is named Sectionxxxx.html where xxxx is a 4 digit number depending on files already present.

When i do a split at markers the new file is named like the original file having _xxxx appended.

I would like to have this naming style consistent appending a number instead of this section naming.

//rubeus
After a split (at marker):
I merge chapter fragments (if any. usually only the base section number).

then I select all of the Chapter sections Select a range, the deselect things like Part#

(bulk) Rename (eg Ch001
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2016, 12:43 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I think what rubeus is suggesting is that Sigil be programmed to do its re-naming of the new split in the same way, regardless of whether the split is done "at the MARKER" OR "at the CURSOR".

When you split "at the Marker" the new split is named "old-file-name" with an appended number sequence.

When you split "at the Cursor" the new split is named "Section" with an appended number sequence.

I do agree---- it would be nice if all splits would use the original file name as the basis for the name of the new splits.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:20 AM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I do agree---- it would be nice if all splits would use the original file name as the basis for the name of the new splits.
+1
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 09:10 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
This doesn't seem an unreasonable request at all, but I admit I've never looked at that code to see what it would entail (or what hurdles there might be).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That make some sense. the marker split has a suffix of where it came from in case things go south.
I could also see never reusing an automatic split name.

Currently if you do a split, you get Section0001
Then you Rename Section0001>Dedication
The next split will get Section0001 (not really a technical problem)
I would just rather see all splits get the base name+ nonreusable split# (sequence of the splits as performed in that section. I sometimes miss and go back.), like what you get if you only use Markers and F6
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote