Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #61
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I must ask. Is "Dreamer" just a nickname, or does it appear on your birth certificate. A friend has a 7-year-old daughter named Dreamer.
@ dreamer : wow. you're really mature for a 7 year-old. but don't you think you're a bit young to have a job, nonetheless ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #62
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I must ask. Is "Dreamer" just a nickname, or does it appear on your birth certificate. A friend has a 7-year-old daughter named Dreamer.
Actually, I only use "Dreamer" here. This is one of the few places that I don't use some combination of my real initials or name.

When it comes to nicknames, most of my friends call me CindyLouWho or Merriam...as in Merriam-Webster because I'm can spell. They think I'm kind of a freak for that.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #63
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
@ dreamer : wow. you're really mature for a 7 year-old. but don't you think you're a bit young to have a job, nonetheless ?
Yeah, well I can't help that I was recruited out of elementary school. My biggest problem is the desk at work. It's too tall and I have to sit on a phonebook because the chair wouldn't go any higher. Plus, my boss doesn't like it when I have all the answers. I think she's a little jealous. Don't think I'm going to be getting a promotion unless I transfer to another department or convince the big boss to give me her job. And the office parties are the worst! I just don't understand why people want to drink stuff that makes them do silly things. They're worse than some of the kids at school.

Dreamer
Old 06-18-2008, 04:44 AM   #64
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Don't suppose they have the most recent Andrex adverts in the US. Features a little boy who's an exec. You should get in touch, I'm sure he could empathise.
Soft, soft, soft.......
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #65
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
See, I knew about the expression but like some of them are really "joual", a kind of slang, I don't use them much unless the crowd warrants it.
I use "joual" all the time. As in: "Joual better get moving, or you'll be late for work."
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #66
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Don't suppose they have the most recent Andrex adverts in the US. Features a little boy who's an exec. You should get in touch, I'm sure he could empathise.
Soft, soft, soft.......
We've got one with a baby who is an investment wizard. He talks, spits up, hires a clown etc. He neglects to factor in the creepiness when hiring the clown.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #67
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
J.A.D.E.D.
Julia Against Demented Expressions of Dimwittedness
Hey, I could use one of those!

(Just have to change my name to Julia, I guess...)
Old 06-18-2008, 07:06 PM   #68
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Hey, I could use one of those!

(Just have to change my name to Julia, I guess...)
Hmmm...trying to think of a non-name word that begins with "J" and can replace "Julia".
Jordan?
Jackanapes? (And I'm not trying to imply in any way that you're an impudent child or conceited fellow. I don't even know you.)

I didn't realize how difficult it is to find an appopriate "J" word that describes a diverse population.

Dreamer
Old 06-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #69
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Justanyone?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #70
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Jeorjia? "....Jeorjia on my miiiind..."
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #71
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
My mind keeps going to the gutter.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:56 AM   #72
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Is that for "brainwashing"?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #73
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
My mind keeps going to the gutter.
i'll bet it does. (paging Dr. Freud... Dr. Freud to the Lounge, please...)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #74
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Hmmm...trying to think of a non-name word that begins with "J" and can replace "Julia".
I could be:
a) completely missing the point, and/or
b) be jumping to the obvious, but

....Julian seems a strong candidate to jump to from a standing start?
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #75
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Yup... I think you managed to jump and miss, there. Either that, or I'm standing next to the wrong target...

Tags
unutterable silliness