Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
kelemvor
Enthusiast
kelemvor began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Does Calibre Companion copy books to each device?

Does CC copy the actual book files form the calibre PC to each device, or do they just access the information over the connection? Can I somehow sync my tablet and then go on vacation and have all the books with me or does that not work?

Also, is there a way to make it default to a Tag/Category list by default as the start page?
kelemvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
Does CC copy the actual book files form the calibre PC to each device, or do they just access the information over the connection? Can I somehow sync my tablet and then go on vacation and have all the books with me or does that not work?
Yes, the books are copied to the device when you "send" them over the wireless device connection or when you "get" them using the content server. I do exactly what you are suggesting -- send all the books to the device that I might want to read while away.
Quote:
Also, is there a way to make it default to a Tag/Category list by default as the start page?
Not directly, no, but CC does remember where you were. If you don't "back" out to explicitly quit CC then next time you run it you will see the group/sort that you were seeing before. There isn't a problem if you don't explicitly quit CC. The Android system will tell it to die if it needs resources to do something else or if the phone goes to sleep.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert