Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-23-2023, 06:10 PM   #1
IncompleteWhole
IncompleteWhole began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 11
"Paste file from other editor instance" > Out of order?

When I use the "Paste file from other editor instance" option (after copying them from another Calibre editor instance), they pasted files are always out of order. I've been manually re-ordering them, but it can be time-consuming for many files.

Also, where would I go about requesting features? Currently, the "Bulk rename the selected files" option (also in Calibre Editor) takes up to three digits in the "Starting number" field, but I'm hoping it could be increased to four (or more) digits. It's probably a rare use-case and I've been using the "Prefix" field as a workaround, but it seems like an easy code change and would be nice to have.

Thank you in advance!
IncompleteWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 07:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
https://calibre-ebook.com/bugs
Is also the place to request features.

I am not sure the other instance was intended for Bulk copy.
What are you trying to accomplish?
There is EPUB Merge plugin that can be used to join multiple books (Make a Omnibus?)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 09:21 PM   #3
IncompleteWhole
IncompleteWhole began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
https://calibre-ebook.com/bugs
Is also the place to request features.

I am not sure the other instance was intended for Bulk copy.
What are you trying to accomplish?
There is EPUB Merge plugin that can be used to join multiple books (Make a Omnibus?)
Thanks, I'll try posting them there!

I read a lot of web novels on the go and don't always have access to the Internet so when new chapters for a novel are released, I download them as an epub, edit the files (chapters) in the epub with Caliber Editor, then copy/paste them into the "master" epub for the novel.
IncompleteWhole is offline   Reply With Quote