Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-06-2021, 07:26 PM   #1
Bradles
Connoisseur
Bradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmosBradles has become one with the cosmos

Device: Apple Books & Kobo Libra H20
Accessing the Book Details popup

Hi all,

Is it possible to access the Book Details popup (i.e. the one that responds to the "i" key) programmatically?

I have a QTableWidget in my plug-in that has a list of calibre e-books. I'd like to respond to double-click to display the book details.

Failing that, is it possible to convert metadata to html? I tried this:

mi = self.gui.current_db.new_api.get_metadata(id)
html = render_html(mi, True, None) #DOESN'T WORK

but got an error:

AttributeError: Metadata object has no attribute named: 'path'

Spoiler:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.librarything_match.main", line 531, in show_details_popup
File "C:\Source\Calibre\src\calibre\gui2\book_details.p y", line 172, in render_html
File "C:\Source\Calibre\src\calibre\gui2\book_details.p y", line 230, in render_data
File "C:\Source\Calibre\src\calibre\ebooks\metadata\boo k\render.py", line 192, in mi_to_html
File "C:\Source\Calibre\src\calibre\ebooks\metadata\boo k\base.py", line 163, in __getattribute__
Bradles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
self.gui.iactions['Show Book Details'].show_book_info()

but this will show the book details for the *current* book in the main calibre book list. So you would need to make your book the current book first.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote