Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #481
geordie2019
geordie2019 began at the beginning.

Device: Mimas likebook 10.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartJ View Post
Since the latest update, I too have lost the default templates from the notes/templates folder. However, I had created a custom 'Journal' template that was still in there, and I don't get this problem starting the notes app. In case it's any help to you, I've attached my 'template' folder with this custom template.
Thanks. It did not help. I have sent a video of problem to Boyue on their FB page. Hopefully they can help. Will share outcome. I suspect a factory reset will be required. Grrr.
geordie2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:51 PM   #482
jask
jask began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
I'm istalling the new update on the Mimas,
also If anyone is interested I have copied the update file (upon opening with winrar it seems to be a zip containing some subfolders) in case someone wants to fiddle around with it.
jask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #483
Spectralis
Enthusiast
Spectralis began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max 2
I've installed the new update but the Boyue stock PDF reader doesn't have any save functions any more. Before it was possible to save just one page, annotated pages only or the whole document but now there is no save function at all. At least I can't find it. It now saves the whole document automatically.

This is very annoying because if I want to annotate a couple of pages of a long PDF it means I have to save the whole document rather than the annotated pages (which I can do with the Onyx Boox Max2.) Trying to find and print out a couple of annotated pages in a 450 page document is made much simpler with the ability to save single annotated pages or all annotated pages only.

I know I can bookmark annotated pages but that introduces further unnecessary steps in what should be a simple process (as it is on Onyx devices.) Perhaps Boyue couldn't get the broken save functions working so they dumped them?

3rd party PDF readers are still unusable because of the annoying lag while writing on PDFs.

Also, the stock browser still crashes even when no other applications are open. E.g. Open browser, navigate to mobileread, browse thread, CRASH! Every time. Either my Mimas is dodgy or the browser still is.
Spectralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 04:15 PM   #484
dennisdd
Enthusiast
dennisdd doesn't litterdennisdd doesn't litter

Hello,

Can anyone who has updated tell me if there is a function to directly save export annotated PDFs to the cloud? I am particularly interested in a Dropbox integration for this - has this been included?

Thanks,
Dennis
dennisdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:02 AM   #485
Jantah
Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jantah could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie2019 View Post
Help! -- Lost All Note Functionality

In the stock Notes App, when I choose to start a a new note the screen just goes blank and then switches to Book view. I noticed that the Notes/Templates folder is empty - although do not recall deleting the contents. I wonder if that might be the cause. Might anyone be able to upload the contents of the Notes/Templates folder?
No problems here.

I checked to be sure, the Notes/Templates folder was empty before the update. I don't know where the default templates live. I did have one custom template installed before the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yar57 View Post
Does new update provide any copy/paste functionality across notes? Hopefully update will come out soon for Muses also.
Yes it does, using the "resize/move" tool. There is a "copy" icon at the top of the selection (don't know if it was there before). The clipboard can be pasted onto another page or note.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantale View Post
An exciting new feature in the note application is the ability to draw straight lines by pressing the tip of the pen for more than 1s on the screen then moving it. This feature has to be enabled in the configuration menu (three dots on the top right of the notes application).
Thanks for reporting, I would have missed that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralis View Post
I've installed the new update but the Boyue stock PDF reader doesn't have any save functions any more. Before it was possible to save just one page, annotated pages only or the whole document but now there is no save function at all. At least I can't find it. It now saves the whole document automatically.
There is something...
Exit palm reject mode and tap the centre of the page to open the menus
Then tap the three lines at the bottom left
When you select "Handwriting", pages with handwriting are displayed (slow!) and you can select which ones to export
Jantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:51 PM   #486
Spectralis
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantah View Post
There is something...
Exit palm reject mode and tap the centre of the page to open the menus
Then tap the three lines at the bottom left
When you select "Handwriting", pages with handwriting are displayed (slow!) and you can select which ones to export
Thanks for pointing that out but it exports to html. The PDF reader now only saves to the original file which is hopeless if you want to save a new copy of a long document after each days edit. At least the previous version could save the whole document to a new file even though the other save functions were broken.

How Boyue has managed to make the PDF reader/annotator even worse than it was before is mind blowing. What will the next update bring - a PDF reader that can't even open PDFs? That seems to be the trajectory of development so far...
Old 06-16-2019, 07:31 PM   #487
Bratken
Connoisseur
Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.Bratken can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boyue Likebook Mimas
Hello.
Maybe i missed that. But is there way to turn backlight using buttons? Like in onyx boox readers by holding "back" button. Seller still didn't give any answer about that as i asked about it several times
P.S: every seller claim that reader supports DJVU but it doesn't. That's sad
Bratken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #488
Spectralis
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratken View Post
Hello.
Maybe i missed that. But is there way to turn backlight using buttons? Like in onyx boox readers by holding "back" button. Seller still didn't give any answer about that as i asked about it several times
P.S: every seller claim that reader supports DJVU but it doesn't. That's sad
Unfortunately, no! And don't believe anything that the sellers tell you. When I bought my Mimas the PDF Reader had bugs (still not fixed). The seller told me to wait for an update at the beginning of May. We got one six weeks later which made the PDF Reader worse. Everything you need to know if spelled out in this review:

https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...-review-video/
Old 06-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #489
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Quote:
It now saves the whole document automatically.
Where does it save these? I would like to get my whole annotated PDF from the device to my laptop. Do you know how I can do that?

On the old firmware, it was easy... Now I'm stuck
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #490
Spectralis
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy1000 View Post
Where does it save these? I would like to get my whole annotated PDF from the device to my laptop. Do you know how I can do that?

On the old firmware, it was easy... Now I'm stuck
Oh you're going to love this...each time you annotate a PDF it saves to the original document automatically. There is no save function at all now so unless you make a copy of your original document it will automatically be covered in annotations. You can reopen an annotated PDF and erase old annotations but how many undos you're allowed is anyone's guess.

If, as I do, you want to save each days annotation to a separate file then you're out of luck unless you make a copy of each stage of your annotations. Copies of PDF's can't be made in the PDF Reader because there is no save function. It's like being trapped in the circle of hell! Boyue have somehow accomplished the impossible by making the PDF reader less functional in their latest update.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:45 AM   #491
Siggy1000
Enthusiast
Siggy1000 doesn't litterSiggy1000 doesn't litter

Quote:
Boyue have somehow accomplished the impossible by making the PDF reader less functional in their latest update.
Ok I it might be because of me, that Boyue changed this. In the last firmware, there was a severe Bug that if you changed the color of the pencil in hand-rejection-mode to white, it would stay there and you could not change it back. The only solution to this was going into the app settings of Boyue OS and hit "clear data" to erase the faulty color setting. However guess what happened. All notes on all PDFs were deleted. A Month of work... So I complained at Boyue and the turnout is the current situation I guess. But I think it's better that the notes are directly saved to the PDFs. PDFs are built in a mode like fashion and annotations are stored with the /Annots tag. So it's easy to strip them from the document and get a document that looks like the original

I am currently writing an app that makes use of that stripping of annotions. If you want to, I can isolate the feature in an additional app and send it to you.

Edit: uhm, no luck for me. If I open the original document from the device on my PC, no annotations are visible whatsoever :/

Last edited by Siggy1000; 06-19-2019 at 05:56 AM.
Siggy1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:41 AM   #492
dennisdd
Enthusiast
dennisdd doesn't litterdennisdd doesn't litter

Quote:
Edit: uhm, no luck for me. If I open the original document from the device on my PC, no annotations are visible whatsoever :/
Yes, this is really an issue. I cannot get the PDF with annotations to my PC. When I transfer, all annotations are gone... This should be fixed very quickly by Boyue - otherwise, the device really becomes useless for my purposes.

I found that when you go to the summarie of notes in the PDF reader and select "handwriting", there is an option to export notes. However, it is awfully slow and the exported file is no PDF...
dennisdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:09 AM   #493
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisdd View Post
Yes, this is really an issue. I cannot get the PDF with annotations to my PC. When I transfer, all annotations are gone... This should be fixed very quickly by Boyue - otherwise, the device really becomes useless for my purposes.

I found that when you go to the summarie of notes in the PDF reader and select "handwriting", there is an option to export notes. However, it is awfully slow and the exported file is no PDF...
I bought the Mimas because of the PDF annotation capabilities. But since the last firmware update, I cannot use it anymore. I'm waiting for a new update and the return back of the PDF export !!!

When you transfer back the PDF file, all annotations are not gone... They never have been saved inside of the original file!
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #494
Spectralis
Enthusiast

Quote:
I hadn't even tried this until you pointed it out. As others have confirmed, there is now no way to transfer annotated PDF's to PC. I bought the Mimas to annotate PDF's. It's unbelievable that the latest update has made the PDF Reader worse than useless.

Boyue are now promoting their new product on this forum while Mimas owners still haven't got the basic features advertised by them. What a rip-off!
Old 06-21-2019, 11:49 PM   #495
saschabur
saschabur began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisdd View Post
Hello,

Can anyone who has updated tell me if there is a function to directly save export annotated PDFs to the cloud? I am particularly interested in a Dropbox integration for this - has this been included?

Thanks,
Dennis
Please, same here.
I tried some workarounds but nothing works.

You can save "Notes" to local PDF and then fetch it with Airdroid for exemple, but a annoted PDF cannot be saved as PDF. Only as a HTML in Evernote-Style, but if you open this HTML on a browser, you cannot save the pages as PDF.

Anyone a solution?

This is really a mess with the Mimas.
saschabur is offline   Reply With Quote