Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Avoiding multiple verification emails when sending PDFs from the ipad

After many days of sending multiple puzzles from my Times (of London) subscription to my Scribe, using my iPad, and having to verify each puzzle email separately (as the new kindle iOS app has HELPFULLY removed the send to kindle option), I have started using the following work-around.

This is still clunky! Just not as clunky as previously, when I had to email each puzzle to myself individually (still have to do this part), then open the puzzle (still have to do this part as well), then use the share button in safari to email to my kindle (as no send to kindle from iPad safari either!), do this five to seven times in a row depending on which puzzles I am sending, then refresh my email multiple times to verify each puzzle.

I got into the way of doing it, and have it down to a five minute routine, but I still wanted it to be simpler.

So, the only way to access send to kindle from the iPad these days is to open the web page (or install chrome, but I’m not doing that), and, as you cannot drag and drop on the iPad, I am now downloading the puzzles (one by one, as detailed above - no way round that part) to my Files folder on the iPad. I then select this from the send to kindle webpage and send the files through that.

This is still a lot of faffing about, but at least it cuts out the annoying verification steps. And I can send them in one go as well.

I saw someone on Reddit had written a script to automate this for the NYT crossword, but I think it would too time-consuming and complicated for my to try and create something like that for so many puzzles.

Hopefully this helps another puzzle addiction with an iPad and Scribe. Like, one other person!

And, yes, I can do the puzzles on my iPad, but I love using the pen and paper substitute that is my Scribe.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 12:35 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
(as the new kindle iOS app has HELPFULLY removed the send to kindle option)
I have what I believe to be the latest version of Kindle for iOS (6.70.1) on my iPad and Send to Kindle works for me through the Files app.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2023, 01:26 PM   #3
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have what I believe to be the latest version of Kindle for iOS (6.70.1) on my iPad and Send to Kindle works for me through the Files app.
I just updated mine to the most recent version this morning as I had been reading online that amazon had improved the send-to-kindle functionality within the app, and the share button (which was visible from inside all documents prior to the update) has completely disappeared. When I try to share a document from inside the app now, all that happens is a brightness option and a bookmark option appears. It's tooth-gnashingly frustrating. They have definitely removed functionality from the app, while at the same time adding the ability to view our Notebooks. I wonder why we are not allowed to have both.

There is no option to share from within Files either - my iPad is on 15.6.1 and I'm not planning on updating it right now.

Glad it is working for you, anyway.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 02:03 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I just updated mine to the most recent version this morning as I had been reading online that amazon had improved the send-to-kindle functionality within the app, and the share button (which was visible from inside all documents prior to the update) has completely disappeared. When I try to share a document from inside the app now, all that happens is a brightness option and a bookmark option appears. It's tooth-gnashingly frustrating. They have definitely removed functionality from the app, while at the same time adding the ability to view our Notebooks. I wonder why we are not allowed to have both.

There is no option to share from within Files either - my iPad is on 15.6.1 and I'm not planning on updating it right now.

Glad it is working for you, anyway.
If you want to Share a link to the book, Share button is found in the About This Book panel (tap the little 'info' icon, or get there more indirectly by selecting About This Book in the menu. And you can share passages by selecting them and using the share icon there.

It this where you expected to find it, or where were you expecting it (I probably wouldn't have noticed any change, as I've never used it)

I have an iPad on 15.7.1 (it's not eligible for 16). Files does show sharing option for Kindle. I doubt anything changed since 15.6.1...

Last edited by tomsem; 01-13-2023 at 02:11 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote