Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-14-2023, 09:46 PM   #1
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
2019 Oasis - lighting control?

I’ve been doing other things for a few years (moving twice, using Audible more than kindle) so maybe it’s just me, but: my 2019 Oasis (bought 2021) used to be set about light=10 constantly. I don’t like the light changing on me.

With the current firmware, the light is going up and down All.The.Time making me seasick! I’ve puttered with all the light settings I can find, and it won’t stop fluctuating. I think my hand moves in front of the room light, so the screen changes, and etc.

I’ve been to Settings > Device Options > Display Settings and tiurned NightLight off and WarmthSchedule off. Where else are there light settings that I’m missing?!?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:52 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
From the manual, it says this:
Quote:

Your Kindle dynamically adjusts display brightness based on surrounding light conditions.
To disable this option, tap Auto Brightness.
Edit: added image showing the Auto Brightness check box though Ghod alone knows what device or firmware version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	auto_brightness.png
Views:	78
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	199024  

Last edited by DNSB; 01-14-2023 at 09:56 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 01:51 AM   #3
Kindleing
Groupie
Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Kobos
On my Oasis 3: tap the center top to bring up the menu, tap "Settings" and you will get the pop-up screen @DNSB posted. Then uncheck the "Auto Brightness" box. You don't need to go into "All Settings".

Wally
Kindleing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 02:53 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oh! It’s so obvious [heavy sarcasm; it’s not at all obvious] that I need to touch the clock display to find lighting options! I’d been looking under all the options in line 2: font, book location, bookmarks, search, more>settings (see pic 1) and couldn’t find normal brightness settings.

If I touch the TIME, I get the options like DNSB pictured, and I’ve now turned off the auto- brightness.

Who created these new “brilliant” (not) menu options?!?

Thank you for showing me screen pics, which let me know those options still existed somewhere!

Pictures to be uploaded shortly, from computer. IPad has trouble after the “upload images” button, and never returns! Hmmm -- I'm not getting the images to add from my laptop either. On a zoom call right now; will try harder in an hour. // No can do. Wonder if that's my M1 mac and extra Safari protections. Oh well; never mind the pics.

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 01-15-2023 at 05:33 PM. Reason: add pics?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 03:44 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
There are times when I suspect the Kindle UI is being designed by a team whose members receive bonuses for making interface elements non-intuitive.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote