Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
ebookenthusiast
ebookenthusiast began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Thumbs down LED in upper, left corner is red when connected With USB cable

Dear all.

I have just bought a Hanliv V3 and installed OpenInkpot on the device. Seems to work fine. But when I connect the device to my PC with a USB cable the LED in the upper red corner is red. I assume it should be yellow or green?? It does not connect and the OS reports it can't find drivers for the device. It doesn't ask whether to continue charging the battery or connect instead. It worked fine with the original firmware. Is this an error or what?

I have tried searching the fora, but i have not found anything helping me with this.

Anybody??

Cheers

Peter
Old 10-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The red light indicates that the device is charging. This is normal.

Unlike the Hanlin firmware, filesystems are not exported to the desktop computer via USB. Instead, there is SSH Access. This can be tricky to setup (e.g. for Windows) but is very flexible. The alternative is to use a SD card reader and keep all your ebooks on SD.
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 03:32 AM   #3
ebookenthusiast

Thumbs up

Hi Wallcraft.

Thanks for you quick reply :-) As the normal firmware blinks green when charging, can you (or anyone else) tell me why it is red using OpenInkpot?? To me the red colour indicates some kind of warning. SSH transfers... OK. Don't know what it is but it explains why my device didn't show up as a normal USB-device.

Thanks again :-)

Cheers

Peter
Old 10-29-2009, 04:23 AM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookenthusiast View Post
can you (or anyone else) tell me why it is red using OpenInkpot?? To me the red colour indicates some kind of warning.
Many standalone battery chargers show a red LED when charging and a green LED when the charge is complete, so the developers probably just chose to follow that convention. IIRC, OpenInkpot just turns the LED off when charging is complete?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
ebookenthusiast

Hi Dave.

OK :-) Nice to know. Thanks.

Peter
Advert