Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-27-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
wolf123
wolf123 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
GUI widget with checkboxes - example

Hi Guys,

I would like to add a very simple checkbox dialogue to the plugin I am writing (let the user tick some boxes, get the values and process them). Could you please point me out a plugin with similar functionality I can refer to?

Thanks!

Last edited by wolf123; 06-27-2020 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Amend title
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:12 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Hi Guys,

I would like to add a very simple checkbox dialogue to the plugin I am writing (let the user tick some boxes, get the values and process them). Could you please point me out a plugin with similar functionality I can refer to?

Thanks!
You might want to check the ModifyEpub plugin.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2020, 12:21 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
How complicated do you want to go? The Modify ePub plugin is a good example of a lot of things, but, the options prompt is dynamically built from a list of options.

For examples, I'm tempted to say, "All of them". Most plugins use a checkbox either in configuration or when started. But, there are a few that don't.

I have some much simple dialogs in my Kobo Utilities plugin. Unfortunately, to see them, you need a Kobo device plugged in. If you look at it, the "Clean Image Directory" is the simplest with a simplest with a single checkbox as an options. The "Kobo eReader Font Settings" has a mix of checkboxes, dropdowns, spinbuttons and entry fields.

And, , I just found a problem with the Python 3 changes. I thought I had them all.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:48 AM   #4
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
The plugin Save Virtual Libraries to Column has a simple configuration dialog, 1 checkbox and 1 drop down selection box.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote