Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-19-2020, 02:09 AM   #1
jimmiejacks0rn
jimmiejacks0rn began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
KPW2 - 2020.04.1 jumps after wake up to the kindle mainscreen

Hi, I have a Kindle PW2 just updated Koreader to 2020.04.1. When I wake up the kindle the screep shows a half second the text, than the kindle main screen. But koreader is running and the book is still open, i have to touch the screen and a page turned and the text is back. But the wrong page.

On KOReader 2020.03.2 everything is fine, wake up from sleep, the screen jumps to the book.
jimmiejacks0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Are Special Offers enabled on the device?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
jimmiejacks0rn

Nope. And no installs. Only update over the internal updater.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:19 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On a PDF or ePub?

On which FW version?

Launched via KPVBooklet or KUAL?
Old 04-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #5
jimmiejacks0rn

On Epub, Firmware 5.6.5. Launched via KUAL.
Advert
Old 04-19-2020, 01:29 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Was it ever launched via KPVBooklet during that power cycle?

(I can't reproduce on FW 5.9.7, FWIW).
Old 04-19-2020, 01:30 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I assume stuff behaves if you replace the "5.7.2" by "5.6.5" here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...reader.sh#L240

?

(It'll be in koreader/koreader.sh on your device. Use a real code editor that understands *nix line endings).
Old 04-19-2020, 01:43 PM   #8
jimmiejacks0rn

What is KPVBooklet?

Replacing the version in koreader.sh works, the book is back after wake up. But in sleep-mode: the light goes out, but there comes no screensaver picture.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:44 PM   #9
jimmiejacks0rn

The screensaver picture is correct on the kindle main screen.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:35 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That really, really sounds like a Special Offers device.

Are you sure it's not actually flagged as such?

What do you see when the device sleeps in the stock firmware?
Old 04-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #11
jimmiejacks0rn

Hmm... I never seen ads in seven years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200420_163430.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	650.4 KB
ID:	178559   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200420_163440.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	810.8 KB
ID:	178560  
Old 04-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, no, that's a standard non-SO screensaver.

Unless the fact that it's unregistered messes w/ things, I'm out of ideas.

(Especially given that nothing has changed in the startup script for FW < 5.7.2 between 2020.03.2 and 2020.04.1).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-20-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #13
jimmiejacks0rn

It was never registred to amazon. Three days ago it worked, to the moment I updated koreader...

How can I save update my firmware? Can you point me to a update file FW 5.9.7? Do I need to jailbreak again?
Old 04-20-2020, 05:42 PM   #14
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Update process essentially boils down to: Install the latest hotfix first to be on the safe side, install 5.9.7 (just tweak the URL on Amazon's Kindle software update page), reboot, reboot again, reinstall all the things.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:48 AM   #15
jimmiejacks0rn

Hello, my big hero. The update worked very well, but the behaviour is the same.

Quote:
But in sleep-mode: the light goes out, but there comes no screensaver picture.
The screensaver picture is correct on the kindle main screen.
And on coolreader is also all ok with the screensaver.

But basically it is not important, I can read.

The device seems to be a bit slower, can I safely get back to a low firmware with this:?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=244408&page=2