Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2020, 08:35 AM   #781
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by baran View Post
Can somebody help me to find a good Indonesian English dictionary please? Can't seem to find anything in the internet.
English-Indonesia: wget http://download.huzheng.org/Quick/st...-2.4.2.tar.bz2

Indonesia-English: wget http://download.huzheng.org/Quick/st...-2.4.2.tar.bz2

Convert for Kobo using dictutil, Penelope or PyGlossary 3.3.0
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:09 AM   #782
giv
giv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Add to Kobo eReader.conf
Code:
[ApplicationPreferences]
ExtraLocales=ro
To avoid such problems and similar issues, use dicutil.
Hi.
I did as you say.
The dictionary is available now if i select a word then i see the translation in RO.
Is auto selected in settings but it shows 0 bytes as size.
https://ibb.co/CzF3r8f
https://ibb.co/xKZgh6d
On dictionary page it say 1 dictionary download pending. Sync to install.
Even i sync the ereader the message is the same.
I decompiled the file posted here (dicthtml-ro.zip) and then recompile with dicutil but the things appear the same.
Btw, someone have the file in the link below?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=428
giv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2020, 05:53 AM   #783
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by giv View Post
The dictionary is available now if i select a word then i see the translation in RO.
Is auto selected in settings but it shows 0 bytes as size.
The '0 bytes' thing started to happen with custom dictionaries in a fairly recent firmware upgrade. It doesn't seem to cause any problems. No need to worry.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:44 AM   #784
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giv View Post
Btw, someone have the file in the link below?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=428
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=750
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:07 PM   #785
Bilingual
Bilingual began at the beginning.

Device: none
Icelandic-English dictionary

Icelandic-English dictionary

Converted from the freedict.org TEI-file

Somewhat lacking in entries, but fully functional on my Kobo Aura One.

UPDATED:
Added all missing words form my current reading (Kónungsbók by Arnaldur Indriðason) using a crude Google Translate. Seems to work fine, and no more missing words for as long as the book takes finishing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-is.zip (388.6 KB, 170 views)

Last edited by Bilingual; 07-14-2020 at 07:01 AM.
Bilingual is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2020, 04:58 AM   #786
carlese
carlese began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hi guys, since the default italian dictionary (Devoto-Oli) lacks a lot of words, I wanted to install a new dictionary in my kobo libra h2o. Coming from kindle I really liked the "Zingarelli minore", but I also saw the possibility to install the wiktionary italian dictionary. Can anyone point me to the right steps to do so or does someone have the dictionary ready to be used?

Thanks a lot, I'm quite new to this and sice I am on windows I never used python before (but I installed it yesterday just in case).
carlese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 06:20 AM   #787
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlese View Post
Hi guys, since the default italian dictionary (Devoto-Oli) lacks a lot of words, I wanted to install a new dictionary in my kobo libra h2o. Coming from kindle I really liked the "Zingarelli minore", but I also saw the possibility to install the wiktionary italian dictionary. Can anyone point me to the right steps to do so or does someone have the dictionary ready to be used?

Thanks a lot, I'm quite new to this and sice I am on windows I never used python before (but I installed it yesterday just in case).
I use this and is good
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=515

Regards
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #788
carlese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
So I just replace it and that's it? I read it's always Devoto-Oli, I hope it has more words than the default one..
Old 07-20-2020, 10:47 AM   #789
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:

This is a link to another better Italian dictionary for Kobo. I don't know why Kobo installed on their device such useless Italian dictionary but the one in this link is much better (it is still Devoto-Oli but as You can see from the file size it is much more complete.)

You will need to mark the file as read only to avoid that when You synchronize Your Kobo You will obtain again the standard dictionary. And if the trick doesn't work (not always it works) You will need to patch Your Kobo.

And if You want to install more than one Italian dictionary You will need to patch the Kobo.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #790
carlese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
This is a link to another better Italian dictionary for Kobo. I don't know why Kobo installed on their device such useless Italian dictionary but the one in this link is much better (it is still Devoto-Oli but as You can see from the file size it is much more complete.)

You will need to mark the file as read only to avoid that when You synchronize Your Kobo You will obtain again the standard dictionary. And if the trick doesn't work (not always it works) You will need to patch Your Kobo.

And if You want to install more than one Italian dictionary You will need to patch the Kobo.
Ok, unfortunately on my libra H2O it told me that I needed to sync and after that the old dictionary is back.. How can I patch it?
Old 07-20-2020, 03:27 PM   #791
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok, unfortunately on my libra H2O it told me that I needed to sync and after that the old dictionary is back.. How can I patch it?
Here the instruction for last firmware available for Libra (check if it is Your firmware because patch are firmware specific)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=330996

Add manually to the file libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml the following patch (it is not on the file You find there) paying attention to spaces

Code:
Never sync dictionaries:
  - Enabled: no
  - BaseAddress:  {Sym: "SyncDictionariesCommand::prepareDownloadList()"}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 922, FindH: 0CD5,     ReplaceH:       0CE0}   #permissions
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 900, FindH: FFF6CAAE, ReplaceInstNOP: true}   #size
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 866, FindH: 3FF4DBAE, ReplaceInstNOP: true}   #isSynced
This is the site of the patch creator where You can find it (the patch is added for dictutil use but it works also without it):

https://pgaskin.net/dictutil/dicthtml/install.html

The whole process of patching is more difficult to explain than to do, after You get the concept. And of course if You patch the Kobo for dictionary You could give a chance to other patches if You like them.

Last edited by ps67; 07-20-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:02 PM   #792
carlese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
Here the instruction for last firmware available for Libra (check if it is Your firmware because patch are firmware specific)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=330996

Add manually to the file libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml the following patch (it is not on the file You find there) paying attention to spaces

Code:
Never sync dictionaries:
  - Enabled: no
  - BaseAddress:  {Sym: "SyncDictionariesCommand::prepareDownloadList()"}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 922, FindH: 0CD5,     ReplaceH:       0CE0}   #permissions
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 900, FindH: FFF6CAAE, ReplaceInstNOP: true}   #size
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 866, FindH: 3FF4DBAE, ReplaceInstNOP: true}   #isSynced
This is the site of the patch creator where You can find it (the patch is added for dictutil use but it works also without it):

https://pgaskin.net/dictutil/dicthtml/install.html

The whole process of patching is more difficult to explain than to do, after You get the concept. And of course if You patch the Kobo for dictionary You could give a chance to other patches if You like them.
Should I change it to enabled: yes? Also, I'm already on latest firmware, can I skip the firmware update?

Last edited by carlese; 07-20-2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:25 PM   #793
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Should I change it to enabled: yes? Also, I'm already on latest firmware, can I skip the firmware update?
Yes and yes.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #794
carlese

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yes and yes.
NOW WE'RE TALKING! I managed to do that, thanks to you guys.. The only thing I noticed is that I have the notification to "sync to install dictionary" but even If I sync it doesn't go away. I think it's because of the patch and there's no way to get rid of it right?
Old 07-21-2020, 02:15 AM   #795
ps67
Guru

Quote:
NOW WE'RE TALKING! I managed to do that, thanks to you guys.. The only thing I noticed is that I have the notification to "sync to install dictionary" but even If I sync it doesn't go away. I think it's because of the patch and there's no way to get rid of it right?
Right, don't worry about it.

Tags
kobo dictionaries