Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 11:14 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@davidfor: I was assuming they weren't shipping the Mini kernel/uboot anymore, but I might very well be wrong, now that you mention it .

EDIT: Yep, you're right.

Worse, FW 3.19 didn't even actually ship w/ a Mini kernel, while 4.22 does ^^.
Now I remember. There was a series of updates that didn't include the kernel for all the devices. It mainly concerned me for the N905 Touch. With that, it worked better to update to 2.6ish and then the install the 3.x firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:23 AM   #17
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, LibraH20, AuraH20, Mini, Oasis3, Voyage, Nova2, Tab S5e, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
They're actually identical, and yes to both questions.
Holy cow! What cave have I been living in? I thought my Mini was stuck with 3.19.5761 for the remainder of its life.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:13 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Holy cow! What cave have I been living in? I thought my Mini was stuck with 3.19.5761 for the remainder of its life.
Officially is stuck at 3.19.5761. But, so far, all newer firmware versions are working on it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:48 PM   #19
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Officially is stuck at 3.19.5761. But, so far, all newer firmware versions are working on it.
Already updated and patched.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:56 PM   #20
Elektron
Sorcerer
Elektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 Version 2, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Already updated and patched.
@Skydog Are you having problems with the e-ink display? I am...
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:01 PM   #21
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
None whatsoever. It functions the same as my other Kobos, minus the ComfortLight.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:05 PM   #22
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I must pay more attention to these threads.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:39 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
How are you invoking night mode and what firmware?

4.22.x is the firmware you should be using and NickelMenu is what you should use to invert the screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:07 PM   #24
Elektron
Sorcerer
Elektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura about

Switched back to v3 and then back to 4, worked perfectly

Old 07-02-2020, 07:22 PM   #25
Elektron
Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How are you invoking night mode and what firmware?

4.22.x is the firmware you should be using and NickelMenu is what you should use to invert the screen.
Yeah... I haven't gotten around to putting NickelMenu on it yet. But I invoked it by going Settings -> Device Information -> Developer options -> Invert screen. Version 4.22.15190.