Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-03-2020, 05:48 AM   #1
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Plugin code example don't work

I don't know much about Python, but my little personal plugin should be a good start.
Nothing transcendental, just a lot of Regex to insert Unbreakable Spaces where needed and I just want to learn.
(I'm French, the Unbreakable Spaces is not for pigs and use them )

I found this code example given by de Doitsu for start my learning:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=415

COPY PASTE

No edit, juste running the plugin for test and :

Quote:
Statut : failed
Launcher: missing or incorrect paths passed in
What? I'm not so incompetent as to screw up a copy-paste ??

Sigil 1.1.0, Notepad++

Last edited by KevinH; 03-03-2020 at 09:20 AM. Reason: to remove crap at the beginning
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:19 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Have you tried looking at the Sigil Plugin Framework guide? It explains the anatomy of plugin folder, naming, and etc rules, what structure the plugin must have, what support files etc.

That might actually help.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
I just realized my mistake:
I had named my plugin folder "EspaceInsecable" and the XML tag <name> was "Espace Insécable".
Inconsistent name/path, Sigil couldn't find the plugin.

My mistake came from the fact that I thought that the
tag <name> was the "Displayed name" in the plugin manager.
I didn't think that it was also linked to the plugin's folder name, and that this last point was managed discreetly by Sigil.

Well, I still have to make a plugin that works (I'm looking at the FrameWork doc), but that's another subject.

Topic closed

Last edited by un_pogaz; 03-03-2020 at 10:24 AM.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:25 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yep. That's caught me out several times in the past! Though usually it's only when I manually create a quick, new plugin folder in my Sigil preferences /plugins folder to save some time.

"Launcher: missing or incorrect paths passed in" is now a red flag for me. Nine times out of ten, it's because the plugin folder name doesn't match the plugin.xml name attribute.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote