Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-20-2020, 09:48 PM   #46
JessieLC24
JessieLC24 began at the beginning.

Device: Win10 Laptop(x64), Galaxy Note 8, Kindle Fire 10 HD
Its not just a CC issue

I downloaded an ARC MOBI book from an Author I like. I am getting the same DRM Error when I try to open any MOBI books on my Kindle Fire 10HD as well. Even those already there! I had to call Amazon and found out that they are changing how things work in Kindle...again! This change occurred after the latest Kindle update. I think CC was caught off guard as well as other app providers too. Amazon is not known for telling ANYONE when they change things!
I am as of now using the Send to Kindle with Convert as the Subject, for any MOBI or Kindle books not gotten from Amazon directly.
But I would like to use CC again!
JessieLC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:59 AM   #47
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
Hi JessieLC24
I am not sure Amazon have told you the full truth, I have a old Kindle Fire which hasn't had a Amazon OS update in years and it has the DRM issue, I have access to a Fire 10 that never got the CC update and has the latest OS and it works fine for opening a book from CC.
Amazon may have changed something but from my investigation it does look like a CC issue with how it passes the open command to Kindle OS.
Thanks
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #48
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Delays

Hello,

I am sorry to be delayed on responses. We had identified a working version but our team was severely impacted by Covid.

I can't go into details but we are currently incapacitated to make changes at the moment and are working hard to get some emergency resources to make the updates required.

I am extremely sorry for this delay (doesn't mean much at this point) but will update when we are close.

Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:53 AM   #49
SASSBS
Connoisseur

Hi Alex

Thanks for the update - it's covid not much you can do - stay safe.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:48 AM   #50
saralynne
saralynne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSBS View Post
Hi JessieLC24
I have access to a Fire 10 that never got the CC update and has the latest OS and it works fine for opening a book from CC.
Same here. Latest generation Kindle Fire 7 with all OS updates but no CC update works fine.

On my other Kindle Fire, I decided that since I already own CC, there was nothing wrong with sideloading an older apk. That got rid of the DRM problem but since it does have the Google license check, I still have to use the content server to connect to Calibre. That's not a big deal for me.
saralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #51
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

We have a new version in testing.

It seems to be working correctly but we need more testers to confirm.

If you want to volunteer to get this new version please send an email to ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com with your Amazon apps email so I can send you the beta.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 07-29-2020, 05:08 PM   #52
PMrev
Groupie

We have pushed a fix for review

After testing we have pushed a fix for the DRM issue.

Should see the update live in the next couple days.

Thanks,
Alex
Old 07-30-2020, 12:12 AM   #53
PMrev
Groupie

It is now live.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:38 AM   #54
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
can you explain what you had to fix for the drm bug please.

because others who use Fire tablets but don't even use CC have had similar problems with sideloaded DRM free .mobi files and/ or with files downloaded via silk browser. So your fix may be a clue for their issues ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:48 AM   #55
SASSBS
Connoisseur

stumped this has always worked for CC until the previous release broke it so I get what you mean but I don't think it's a case of fixing it as restoring it to Chaleys version.

PMrev - thanks for working through all the issues, official version redownloaded and all working so far.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:01 PM   #56
kunkel321
Enthusiast
kunkel321 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 10
I also got the licencing error that was mentioned in the original post. It was preventing me from syncing via "wireless device" with Calibre. I uninstalled CC and reinstalled it. This seems to have fixed it for now... CC is currently re-downloading all of my books, and I'm sure my settings will all be back to default. Hopefully I won't have to un/re-install any more. Stay healthy! No need to get covid trying to keep up with Amazon's problematic OS changes!
Amazon Fire 10 and Windows 10.
kunkel321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:55 AM   #57
JessieLC24
JessieLC24 began at the beginning.

Device: Win10 Laptop(x64), Galaxy Note 8, Kindle Fire 10 HD
IT's working Now YEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
It is now live.
Thank You for getting this problem resolved!
Downloaded and installed the new version and so far its working!
JessieLC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 02:17 AM   #58
saralynne
saralynne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thank you for providing the new version. Working again.

I want to mention something I didn't realize until recently that was a real time saver after installing the new version. You can go into settings to 'Backup and restore', back up your settings and CC book database. A file will be created on your device. If you have to install an update that removes all of your books, you go into settings, choose 'Restore' and your settings and books will be restored in the new version. If you have a lot of books as I do, it is so much faster than downloading your books again.
saralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:29 AM   #59
momtodogs
Lovin' the e-life!!!
momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momtodogs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini
so, I am using CC (with WiFi) to load books to my iPad from Calibre in my Windows 10 computer. I suddenly started getting all kinds of ad interruptions in the CC app, just recently. I was considering upgrading to a paid version, but what I am reading here, indicates I shouldn't. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Am I correct in holding off?
momtodogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, calibre companion, licence