Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 07-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
heathriel
heathriel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500
Various: Bible: King James Version, v.1

I just finished putting this together for my husband. I searched and didn't see it on here, so I figured maybe someone else would be interested in it.

The TOC has all of the books as individual jumps. I didn't do anything with the verses themselves, but, hey, that's what marking is for, right?

Enjoy!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Bible.lrf (1.63 MB, 2126 views)
heathriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Welcome to Mobileread. Great first post.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
DeusExMe
Kingdom Agent
DeusExMe began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Nice! I was quite disturbed to find that in its Classics line, Sony Connect offers the Koran and the Book of Mormon, but no King James Bible. I am not upset that they sell the former two, but with the Bible being the world's all time best seller, and the King James translation being part of the Public Domain, I simply could not grasp why it is omitted from their store. Is it not ironic that the section titled Bibles and other Holy Texts, does not contain a Bible, even a copyright free one? This is something which I plan to leave in their feedback section once my Reader arrives and it is nicely registered.

Anyhow, thank you so much for preparing this!
DeusExMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead heathriel. You sure know how to make an entrance.

There have been a few references to offsite Bibles and there are parts (Job, Psalms, Ecclesiastes, Luke, Acts, and Corinthians) along with a good selection of hymns in volumes 44 and 45 of the Harvard Classics series.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:11 AM   #5
DailyPlanet
This world is not my home
DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis 2
Wow... I just told you about this site today DeusExMe, and I was on this page thinking... Deus would like this. Then I was shocked to see your pic looking at me!!!
DailyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2007, 07:11 AM   #6
heathriel
heathriel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500
I'm glad I made some people happy

I'm also glad to see I didn't duplicate work, apparently. I see that there *was* a bible that someone else did, but it is the New English Version. Now people have a choice, which is good.

I've been using ebook readers for years and just got myself a Sony Reader last month. My husband decided he wants to trade in his SofteBook for a Sony Reader, so I ordered him one and he gave me a list of books he wants put on it, and the Bible was one of them. I was quite disappointed to find that there wasn't one anywhere. I'm not religious (he is), but as a work of important literature, it is very disheartening that it isn't available.

And if there is any book that can benefit from the Reader's ToC feature, it's the Bible. I made the decision that it was better to go with just the overall name of the book itself than trying to do a chapter/verse menu as that would just be too unweildy, and frankly, annoying. The books aren't very long.

Feel free to share this wherever.
heathriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathriel View Post
I'm also glad to see I didn't duplicate work, apparently. I see that there *was* a bible that someone else did, but it is the New English Version. Now people have a choice, which is good.
A minor correction: it is the public domain World English Bible (WEB) which has been ported to the Reader, not the New English Bible, which is still very much under copyright protection.

I've renamed this thread so it indexes under "Bible" - easier to find that way!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:44 AM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathriel View Post
'm also glad to see I didn't duplicate work, apparently. I see that there *was* a bible that someone else did, but it is the New English Version. Now people have a choice, which is good.
And I, in turn, am glad that you posted yours which reminded me of the other one. I knew about it (obviously, since I went and dug it up), and it's the version I use on my own Reader, but I hadn't thought about the posted file since well before the uploads section went up, so the memory jog was much needed.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
what text did you use to start with? Something from Guttenberg? I have wonderd about creating a bible file myself but using all 66 books as separate books then using the TOC to list the chapters. For some reason the New World version seems to crash my reader usually when I am playing round with the font size.

Last edited by gingercat; 08-14-2007 at 09:15 PM.
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #10
pcinfoman
Enthusiast
pcinfoman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-500
This is very nice, however without chapter and verse navigation, it is useless to me. It is such a huge book and as it stands now, I have to search for info page by page.

A bit much.
pcinfoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #11
johnmcelfresh
johnmcelfresh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS500
TOC missing 3 John

heathriel,

Thanks so much for creating this. One favor to ask - the TOC doesn't include 3 John. I know it's small, but for simplicity sake, could you edit the file to add that to the TOC and re-upload it?

Thanks,

John
johnmcelfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:31 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcinfoman View Post
This is very nice, however without chapter and verse navigation, it is useless to me. It is such a huge book and as it stands now, I have to search for info page by page.

A bit much.
Perhaps you'd like to create something better yourself, and share it with the rest of us? I'm sure it would be much appreciated!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:28 AM   #13
vdospec
vdospec began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500, but soon the PRS-505
NIV Version?

does someone have a NIV version? non copyright?
vdospec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #14
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
The connect bookstore has the NIV.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdospec View Post
does someone have a NIV version? non copyright?
The NIV is in copyright and will be for decades yet.