Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-17-2020, 11:25 AM   #1
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Calibre Companion 5.4.3.3

Where can I find this version?
And how can I prevent an update?
It was the last one that met my requirements and worked.
All subsequent versions caused problems.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
You can't really. You have to save old versions before they update. There is no rollback with Google.

Your best chance is an extensive Google search. That may take you places that are not mentioned here.

Going forward,
You can prevent any Google app from updating my unticking it's auto update go, top right on the play store listing. Or ask Google for instructions.
And you can make a backup installer with any of the free backup and restore apps in the store

Last edited by stumped; 05-17-2020 at 11:55 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #3
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, leaving the beta program may revert you to the last pre beta release. Do it before the current version leaves beta.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:08 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Actually, leaving the beta program may revert you to the last pre beta release. Do it before the current version leaves beta.
Im not in the beta program - It was an original deterioration.
And if I can't get the version mentioned above, then at least I hope that the update will fix the horrors.
As it is now, Caliber Companion cannot be used.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard

I don't know the pre beta version number but latest win release was the 2018 version. There in nothing after that , or for a long time before Latest 4.4.9 beta fixes all the bugs know of

I think 4.4.3 was main. Betas and 4.4.6. - 4.4.9

Google is your friend. I bet a specific search will get you a link. Maybe from a dubious site but beggars can't be choosers.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard

Ps if you're not in the beta program what version do you see offered in play store?

Also, took me < 10 secs with Google to find a 5.4.4.3 download link. I will not post how here, that is not allowed. But it's not hard.

Last edited by stumped; 05-17-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Ps if you're not in the beta program what version do you see offered in play store?
Today 5.4.4.9. Yesterday it was 5.4.4.8.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:14 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard

It looks like versions are quickly moving out of beta.
If your issue is not fixed in 4.9 then resort to other previous suggestions. Google searches will find 4.3.3 download links for you to use at your own risk
Old 05-18-2020, 11:49 AM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
It looks like versions are quickly moving out of beta.
If your issue is not fixed in 4.9 then resort to other previous suggestions. Google searches will find 4.3.3 download links for you to use at your own risk
I have 5.4.3.3, but the existing version prevents downgrade.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:27 PM   #10
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I have 5.4.3.3, but the existing version prevents downgrade.
After upgrading there is no way to revert back to a version that is 2 + years old.

I'm sorry but you are along for the ride as we continue to stabilize and improve the app moving forward.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 10:19 AM   #11
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
No, you're wrong. I've given up and I'm abandoning CC forevermore. It has become totally useless with an inability to hold a connection to OneDrive long enough to actually download a book.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:14 AM   #12
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
No, you're wrong. I've given up and I'm abandoning CC forevermore. It has become totally useless with an inability to hold a connection to OneDrive long enough to actually download a book.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk
I'm curious, are you on Android or IOS? What version of each? I always use OneDrive, and I've never had a problem holding a connection.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote