Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #16
Bassam Jarad
Bassam Jarad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bassam Jarad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bassam Jarad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
،وعليكم السلام

جرب الخط هاد
(Simplified Arabic Bold)

هاد هو الخط اللي انا بستعمله على الكندل 2 وشغال تمام. انا حملته هون ... ان شاء الله يشتغل معك
Attached Files
File Type: zip sa.zip (779.4 KB, 623 views)
Bassam Jarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
omanlrc
omanlrc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassam Jarad View Post
،وعليكم السلام

جرب الخط هاد
(Simplified Arabic Bold)

هاد هو الخط اللي انا بستعمله على الكندل 2 وشغال تمام. انا حملته هون ... ان شاء الله يشتغل معك
اشكرك اخي على اهتمامك وردك..وتحميلك للخطوط
وضعت الخطوط ولكن بعد عملية الريبوت الجهاز يشتغل وتطلع شاشة بيضاء فقط
..ولما اوصله بالكمبيوتر وارجع الخطوط الاصلية للكندل وانزع فيشة اليو اس بي تظهر الصفحة بدون مشاكل..

جربت احذف الملفات..واكتشفت اني لما احذف الملفات الي تبداء ب sans
يشتغل الجهاز دون مشاكل بس لا تزال الخطوط العربية في القاموس تظهر مربعات فارغة

أجدد شكري العميق لك
omanlrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #18
Bassam Jarad
Bassam Jarad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bassam Jarad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bassam Jarad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
انا ما عملت اشي غير هيك ... لكن اذا كانت الكندل بتشتغل لما تقيم الخطوط اللي فيها
sans
معناته الفونت هاك شغاله صح لكن الاحرف العربية مش شغاله ... غريب والله
Bassam Jarad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #19
Kindl3
Kindl3 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
No, but I remember that I had to uninstall the Jailbreak in order to install Duokan. If that doesn't work either, you could always install fbKindle, which supports Arabic with Matan's FBReader binary. (You'll also need to install Launchpad to start fbKindle.)
For more information on fbKindle see the fbKindle forum.

I tried alot and thank God i've got duokan lite installed now according to how you said it..

What's the latest duokan lite version which i can upgrade to, which will allow arabic to stay functioning?
And do you recommend any nice tweaks for Duokan?

Also, it seems alot more easier to create dictionaries for duokan.. what recommendations would you give if i wanted to search through an arabic pdf dictionary on this. Is it the same method as the kindle operating system? Or is there an easier way like just typing arabic letters in transliterated form to search for words?

Many thanks.

Last edited by Kindl3; 05-17-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Kindl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:28 AM   #20
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindl3 View Post
What's the latest duokan lite version which i can upgrade to, which will allow arabic to stay functioning?
AFAIK, Lite2011-12-08.C3283.rtm was the last version that worked. However, there's hardly any point in updating since they didn't add any significant new features, and Arabic ePubs that wouldn't open in the earlier versions won't open with this version either. That's why I mostly use fbKindle even though its GUI isn't as nice.

Quote:
And do you recommend any nice tweaks for Duokan?
Since Duokan is not Open Source software there's very little that you can tweak besides changing the font in \userfonts and adding new dictionaries to the \dict folder.

Quote:
Also, it seems alot more easier to create dictionaries for duokan.
Duokan uses theStarDict dictionaries, which you can create/convert with pyglossary, if you have Python installed. (Just click the .bat file to start the Python script.)
You can also install the PC version of StarDict and convert a tab-delimted text file with the StarDict editor to the StarDict format.

However, since the Duokan people didn't create an Arabic soft keyboard layout, you cannot search for Arabic terms and dictionary lookup doesn't work if the document is in Arabic.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
arabic, dictionary, kindle 2