Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-23-2021, 10:26 AM   #1
clopin2814
clopin2814 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Smartphone or PC, Linunx, Windows
The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Hello,

im new here. I like to read books, and finished reading "The hunchback of Notre Dame".

I was shocked about the horror in Esmealdas end and also in the result of the try to set free Esmeralda by her friends. Quasimodo thought it were the kings soldiers, which want Esmeralda bring to death. We must see, it was dark, no street light there than in todays Paris. You could think really, it were the kings soldiers. Only once, as Qusimode saw bed clothed people, he had can see, thet this are not kings soldiers. But he thought this not. And as the kings soldiers truelly came, nobody were there to fight against them. All died in the fight for Esmeralda.

In heur last hours Esmeralda finds her mother. She had can almost fre, but she heared the tong of her hot loved Phoebus. Oh my god, Hadn't she can stay in her place? She had can be rechued! But no, she went to see her loved Phoebus but he was away, but her killers still were there and now nobody could help her! Absolutely sad. 16 years old and she must die so grusome.

But what would have been if she had not leaved her place, had ignored Phoebus. Which real chance have her had to come truely free then. Her judgement were stillvalid and the city of paris was watched by soldiers, also by Phoebus. Esmeraldas mother has no other clothe for Esmeralda. But i see only chance for her if she can leave Paris in this assumed case. Inside Paris no more, she were also alone, because her friends died in the fight the night before. She had only her mother then for the way in her freedom if she had not leave her place because of Phoebus. Oh god, hadnt she can stay in her place this while? Shocking!
clopin2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 01:01 PM   #2
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Please hide parts of your post which contain spoilers.
I, for one, haven't yet got round to reading this classic.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'll second that: Hide parts of your posts which contain spoilers!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I’m going to disagree, especially when it’s a classic. People should be able to discuss classics, i.e., books in the common consciousness, assuming that people are more or less familiar with them. Those who haven’t read them and plan to read them should tread warily. Romeo and Juliet commit suicide. Winston Smith loves Big Brother. Reader, I married him. It’s all fair.

Now, spoilers for the most recent thriller or mystery in a series? Absolutely. But a nearly 200-year old novel? I’m not feeling it.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claude frollo, esmeralda, notre dame, phoebus, quasimodo