Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-03-2017, 11:19 PM   #151
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
I purchased the Fintie Denim Charcoal cover. It is an adequate cover that works as advertised. The screen cover is padded, which I don’t care for. The back is not padded.
I see this as a temporary solution till some 3rd party vendor comes out with a really nice leather cover that encloses and protects the device. I would love to see Saddleback Leather (http://www.saddlebackleather.com), Oberon (https://www.oberondesign.com/collect...ndle-e-readers), or some other vendor come out with a really nice leather cover, the kind that gains character with age.
Cheers, Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E2314B91-7363-4A02-8520-24ADEF200DA2.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	733.2 KB
ID:	160373   Click image for larger version

Name:	C95EAE20-F35A-4CA0-9062-9940C69DCA4F.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	582.0 KB
ID:	160374   Click image for larger version

Name:	0C3A03A5-7CF6-4181-AF9A-CA90FC85D68B.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	690.5 KB
ID:	160375  

Last edited by jmmcg9; 12-03-2017 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Add pictures
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:27 AM   #152
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I have the fintie rose gold cover, it feels softer because of the padding on top, but not much heavier to me. I didn't experience any unwanted page turns, it worked fine just like my other fintie covers.

Last edited by Wearever; 12-04-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2017, 09:38 AM   #153
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
I'm very happy with my MoKo cover. No accidental page turns with it. I will never again buy Fintie after experiencing the poor quality of the Fintie Voyage cover.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:40 PM   #154
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Thanks for the replies to my earlier post.

I just went on Amazon and found that Fintie has released a new version of their case for the Oasis 2. The main difference is the look of the PU leather, which has a pebbled texture, and the Kindle is now kept in place by PU leather covering the bezels. Also, the back of the case appears flat and does not follow the contour of the Oasis. The older version is still available at a lower cost.

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Kindle...s%2Bcover&th=1

Last edited by kaibob; 12-04-2017 at 11:50 PM.
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:50 AM   #155
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibob View Post

I just went on Amazon and found that Fintie has released a new version of their case for the Oasis 2. The main difference is the look of the PU leather, which has a pebbled texture, and the Kindle is now kept in place by PU leather covering the bezels. Also, the back of the case appears flat and does not follow the contour of the Oasis. The older version is still available at a lower cost.

This is the folio version of the Oasis 2 cover, just a different style case. The clam shell snap in cover was available to purchase first. Not really old and new versions, just different styles available now. The prices have been fluctuating almost daily on the fintie covers from Amazon. Probably from availability from the manufacturer. I'm sure this will settle down now that there are more choices available.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2017, 01:17 PM   #156
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:

a slip-in version instead of a snap-in. and it has an elastic strap for better grip. i got the snap-in version a couple of weeks ago. oh why couldn't they make the snap-in version with the elastic strap?
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #157
jkingrph
jkingrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Quote:

After seeing this and thinking it would better, I went on Amazon and found this,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No hand strap but I like the stand feature better.
jkingrph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
but are showing as used