Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #41491
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I agree with you.

I found Jessica Jones a very frustrating character and I'm not watching the second series. I loved the first Punisher film, but with the series I notice that I have to make myself watch it. So I'm now considering abandoning it, there are so many other series and films I want to watch. Lately it's become much easier to abandon series or stop watching a film I'm not really into. Probably because my watchlist on Netflix is huge and I see it every time I log in.

I'll finish watching BBC's Civilisations and after that I'll figure out what I want to watch on Netflix.
Which Punisher movie? There was Dolph, long ago; Thomas Jane, a few years back, with Rebecca Romjin in it; and then there was a more recent one, with that British actor, IIRC, that didn't blow my skirt up.

I actually liked the Dolph movie (for what it was) and the Thomas Jane version. If they'd gone in either direction, I could have lived with that. I am not wildly opposed to the FC character, in the show, but the plots,etc.? Nyet.

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:03 AM   #41492
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Which Punisher movie? There was Dolph, long ago; Thomas Jane, a few years back, with Rebecca Romjin in it; and then there was a more recent one, with that British actor, IIRC, that didn't blow my skirt up.

I actually liked the Dolph movie (for what it was) and the Thomas Jane version. If they'd gone in either direction, I could have lived with that. I am not wildly opposed to the FC character, in the show, but the plots,etc.? Nyet.

Hitch
I've seen the Thomas Jane film, I didn't know about the Dolph Lundgren one, I do know about the newer one but haven't seen it (yet).

My problem with the series is that after five episodes I'm not sure what the point is. Yes, Micro has put Frank onto the trail of some bad people, who Frank wants to kill. But I don't see a real personal reason for him to do so, except that they are bad people.

I'm still not sure what to watch next. I've been watching a lot of crime/thrillers and historicals lately and I want something different. I think I'm either going to watch Altered Carbon (as per my sister's recommendation) or watch the second season of Bloodline.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:17 AM   #41493
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I've seen the Thomas Jane film, I didn't know about the Dolph Lundgren one, I do know about the newer one but haven't seen it (yet).

My problem with the series is that after five episodes I'm not sure what the point is. Yes, Micro has put Frank onto the trail of some bad people, who Frank wants to kill. But I don't see a real personal reason for him to do so, except that they are bad people.

I'm still not sure what to watch next. I've been watching a lot of crime/thrillers and historicals lately and I want something different. I think I'm either going to watch Altered Carbon (as per my sister's recommendation) or watch the second season of Bloodline.
I thought Altered Carbon was pretty interesting. I really like Joel Kinnamon--have ever since The Killing (altho he took some getting used to--an acquired taste, in that period). Pay attention to the plot. There are some twists you can see coming a mile away, and some you don't; and I had a reaction at the end, that I didn't expect. ;-) I can't decide about how I feel about a second season, but I can't tell you WHY without completely ruining it for you, so when you're done, post back.

I am burned out on Netflix right now. They have a TON of things that we just don't watch/aren't interested in. We don't watch comedies of any kind, either TV or movies, so...that's out. My husband can't read captions fast enough, with his hearing issues, so some shows are completely out. We don't watch kids' shows, as, no kids. We're not big network TV fans, either.

OH! Have you watched Berlin Babylon? If you haven't, you may want to take that out for a spin. The first episode is kind of wild, in some ways--at one point, you'll wonder, "holy crap, is this a musical?," but somehow, it works. We really liked it, and I would look forward to a second season, if it should happen.

Have fun. I'm reading a novel recommended by Diap, as it happens, and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. (Snake Agent, if you're interested.)

Hitch
Old 03-10-2018, 07:27 AM   #41494
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
I'm reading a novel recommended by Diap, as it happens, and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. (Snake Agent, if you're interested.)

Told ya you'd love it ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #41495
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Told ya you'd love it ...
You're right, I'm quite enjoying it. :-)

Hitch
Old 03-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #41496
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I thought Altered Carbon was pretty interesting. I really like Joel Kinnamon--have ever since The Killing (altho he took some getting used to--an acquired taste, in that period). Pay attention to the plot. There are some twists you can see coming a mile away, and some you don't; and I had a reaction at the end, that I didn't expect. ;-) I can't decide about how I feel about a second season, but I can't tell you WHY without completely ruining it for you, so when you're done, post back.

I am burned out on Netflix right now. They have a TON of things that we just don't watch/aren't interested in. We don't watch comedies of any kind, either TV or movies, so...that's out. My husband can't read captions fast enough, with his hearing issues, so some shows are completely out. We don't watch kids' shows, as, no kids. We're not big network TV fans, either.

OH! Have you watched Berlin Babylon? If you haven't, you may want to take that out for a spin. The first episode is kind of wild, in some ways--at one point, you'll wonder, "holy crap, is this a musical?," but somehow, it works. We really liked it, and I would look forward to a second season, if it should happen.

Have fun. I'm reading a novel recommended by Diap, as it happens, and I'm enjoying the crap out of it. (Snake Agent, if you're interested.)

Hitch
I'll have to give Altered Carbon a go then, I'll report back when I'm done. Babylon Berlin isn't available on our Netflix, but it's available on the US Netflix so I might check it out.

My list on Netflix is huge. But mostly with series and films I need to be in the mood for to be able to enjoy it. I've got a bunch of non-English series and films, but I know those will take more concentration to watch than an English language series or film. I can't deal with that during the busy time of year, when I'm tired at night and I only want to watch something relatively easy. The busy season is winding down, so I'll try to fit some of those series in, too.

I really enjoyed the first season of Designated Survivor last summer, they are now releasing season two one episode a week and I'm waiting until they've all be released so I can binge.

Snake Agent is on top of my "which new series to try" list after reading several recommendations. But I first have to finish a currently active series before I can start a new series. Several of my active series are nearing the up to date status, so it won't be long before I can start that read. Hopefully this month.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #41497
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

My mother has become one of those people who is cold most of the time. Add to that that she doesn't like wearing sock and walks around barefoot, which doesn't help either.

She was cold tonight. So I joked that she should watch a firewood film on Netflix (a recent discovery of mine). They have three version; the classic edition, the birchwood edition and a three part series Fireplace for Your Home. I don't recommend the last one since the video quality isn't very good. As a joke she did watch one of them and after five minutes she had to admit it was working! She was actually feeling warmer.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #41498
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Can it be real?...

[I]She looks around...[/Icaught cuaght up on emails--first time I can remember, literally.
I'm caught up in quoting.
Is it possible that I could...Goof off??????

...slinks away, looking around furtively...

Hitch
Old 03-14-2018, 07:46 PM   #41499
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
[I]She looks around...[/Icaught cuaght up on emails--first time I can remember, literally.
I'm caught up in quoting.
Is it possible that I could...Goof off??????

...slinks away, looking around furtively...

Hitch
Oh no! You said it out loud! You've jinxed yourself!

Doomed! You're doomed!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:14 PM   #41500
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Oh no! You said it out loud! You've jinxed yourself!

Doomed! You're doomed!
And, sure enough....I did. (sigh).

Hitch
Old 03-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #41501
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Trying to stay awake. I've been up all night. Sis is back in hospital. She had surgery at midnight. She's recovering in ICU now.

She's at a better hospital this time. A university hospital. The joke of a hospital here missed blockages and her heart was going into failure. They caught it and fixed her up. It's been a long day. Hubby took her to her doctor's appointment today and the doctor took one look at her and called an ambulance.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:13 PM   #41502
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I hope your sister will feel better soon, Blossom!

I've just discovered Plum Paper planners. I love my Midori Traveler's Notebook, it's great for the basic stuff. But I'd like a separate planner with more space for my more personal stuff; projects, I want to do more with my blog, keep track of a couple of things. And the PP planners are very customizable. I'll have to think how I want it set up (so many choices) before ordering one. I'll keep the Midori as my regular planner, it smaller so also easier to take with me, and the PP planner as a desk planner.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:17 PM   #41503
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
My mother has become one of those people who is cold most of the time. Add to that that she doesn't like wearing sock and walks around barefoot, which doesn't help either.
Many women develop thyroid problems. Feeling cold and gaining or losing weight can be a symptom. Her doctor can do a simple blood test. I've been taking thyroxine for years!

As to what I'm doing now: I'm watching my three cats all cuddled up together and snoozing, and fighting the urge to snooze myself.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:51 AM   #41504
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
What am I doing now? Trying to sleep while on a business trip to Vancouver. It’s not going well.
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:03 AM   #41505
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm sitting with my mom. She's not expected to live much longer so I stayed the night in the room the nursing home placed her in. I did get a little sleep though not much.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?