Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #31
exodus1999
Enthusiast
exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook classic, nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMatt View Post
Just about every app has menu options. Like the Kindle app, for example, has the options to sync, sort, and access archived items available via the menu button. Right now I'm mostly interested in installing ACV (Android Comic Viewer) on there and you have to access the menu options to open a file.
yes the is a menu button on software =) and i have heard peaople run ACV on it
exodus1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #32
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMatt View Post
Just about every app has menu options. Like the Kindle app, for example, has the options to sync, sort, and access archived items available via the menu button. Right now I'm mostly interested in installing ACV (Android Comic Viewer) on there and you have to access the menu options to open a file.
I had to tweak the control settings in ACV to access settings and the sd card (ex: long press to open sd card, swipe up to open settings, etc.) because fullscreen apps don't have the buttons at the bottom.

ACV works great now though!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 06:03 AM   #33
StaticGuy
StaticGuy began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, sony prs-600, sony 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I saw a video on YouTube and one of the programs he/she opened was Pocket Legends!!! Looks like it runs just fine (and this was actually one of the first programs that came to mind when I thought about rooting...so this makes me happy).
It runs great. My wife played it for first time last night for an hour. She said it is better than the gameboy xl. I think I am about to loose my nook to her now
StaticGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #34
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmVee View Post
So has the Nook been FULLY rooted now or is it still in the stage where it's just sideloading apps?
It's rooted to the point that you have a uid 0 shell. You have full control of the filesystem. You can alter the system to set 'ro.secure=0'. What else are you looking for?
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #35
exodus1999
Enthusiast
exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.exodus1999 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If I don't lose the B&N ereader functionality of the NC I'll give more consideration to rooting. Would love to stay with the quality hardware. Great look as well.

i uploaded pics on the orginal post, sorry about quality but if you look at the apps you can see library and shop are on there. At the price that its at, i would say its one of the better android tablets on the market once rooted.
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #36
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Working

Angry Birds
Angry Birds Seasons
ESPN
Sportstap
Dolphin HD
ACV
Youtube
Robo Defense (not quite fullscreen though)
APmobile
iheartradio
Google Earth
Launcherpro
Estrong File Manager
Astro File Manager

Will be installing and testing (December 25th)
Slacker
Last FM
HomeSwitcher
ESPN Scorecenter
Toss it
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #37
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by exodus1999 View Post
i uploaded pics on the orginal post, sorry about quality but if you look at the apps you can see library and shop are on there. At the price that its at, i would say its one of the better android tablets on the market once rooted.
I feel like I'm missing out, but another part of me says, "Be patient". You guys aren't helping any!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #38
Slydini
Slydini began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Opus
Anyone try rock player or v player? It would be awesome if we could play xvid formats on this without converting to mp4.

Also is the stock photo gallery the same or is there a tested app that's improves upon this?
Slydini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #39
exodus1999
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydini View Post
Anyone try rock player or v player? It would be awesome if we could play xvid formats on this without converting to mp4.

Also is the stock photo gallery the same or is there a tested app that's improves upon this?
no luck on rockplayer, it gives me a system cannot playback. vplayer wouldnt install. the galley is the same you can get other apps if you dont like the included one.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #40
therealguppy
therealguppy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Apps I have gotten to work So far.

All are working put notes in if something is not fully working

Angry Birds (Of Course)
Deluxe Moon, (Moon Calender, Works but is not full screen)
Facebook
Documents to Go V3
Dolphin HD V1
Skyfire V2 and V3
Dungeon Hunter (3d Looks Great and plays well, Wont Play Video cutscenes)
Heavy Gunner (This game take advantage of 3d, Motion control, and Multitouch, and works Great.)
Krazy Kart (Motion Control Works Great)
Google Maps,
Advanced Task Killer
Gensoid (Sega Genesis emu, Must Enable Touch Controls)
Snesoid (SNES Emu, Must Enable Touch Controls)
Rockplayer Universal. (havent tried other formats but it would not play a HD MV4 video on Hardware, it did play it software but was very slow)
ScummVM, Lack of Hardware keys makes this playable but unable to get back to menus and bring up virutal Keys
3d Gallery (From EVO I think) Works great only see stuff in SD card
Flight Frenzy
SetCPU, Works in Read Only, Have figured out how to give it Root rights yet.

Last edited by therealguppy; 12-02-2010 at 04:18 PM.
therealguppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #41
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So I pulled the apk over for my docs to go...I have the premium version. It keeps telling me I need to download the most recent key. There are 2 apks...one with the word app in the name which is actually the key, and the other file without the word app in the name which is actually the application (a bit confusing). They have numbers after them. I loaded the highest numbered "app" and the highest numbered "non app" file name which do not match (can't recall right now exactly but for example one was .832 and the other. 836).

Bottom line, Docs to Go PREMIUM 3.0 does not work for me. However I was able to get 2.0 Premium running. Once I installed the 2 files that both ended with the same version number it started working. That part makes sense...but it doesn't make sense I don't have a key for 3.0.

My "app" and "non app" files ended with 2 different version numbers. For whatever reason I do, in fact, have an older key and even uninstalling and reinstalling on my phone and pulling the apk didn't fix the issue (the reinstall still gave me the older key). What's weird is the older key works fine on my phone to open Premium 3.0...but not on the Nook.

So in my case unless someone wants to give me the key for 3.0 Premium I'm stuck with 2.0 Premium. I don't mind...I didn't use the sync features of 3.0 so this isn't a hardship for me, however it is a bit frustrating because I am a paying customer and for whatever reason can't get the correct key for 3.0.

BookmarksSB is working fine w stock and skyfire browsers but doesn't seem to work with Dolphin HD, and if you bring your backup over you can import it into BookmarksSB and you'll have all your bookmarks from your phone on your Nook.

Last edited by French; 12-06-2010 at 09:24 AM.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:06 AM   #42
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
Bottom line, Docs to Go PREMIUM may have issues

ARRRRGH! That was the first change I was wanting to make!
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:08 AM   #43
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
ARRRRGH! That was the first change I was wanting to make!
I know...for the moment I got the document open it was very nice. I would even be willing to pay for another key I think but there is definitely a check it does that I can see why it would fail on the Nook. I'm new at this so fingers crossed someone more knowledgeable than I corrects me.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #44
EmVee
EmVee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by edembowski View Post
It's rooted to the point that you have a uid 0 shell. You have full control of the filesystem. You can alter the system to set 'ro.secure=0'. What else are you looking for?
OK, well, being someone that doesn't have the technical knowledge to understand what any of that means, I'm looking for an explanation that a layman can understand. Thanks in advance for not being condescending.
EmVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #45
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Is there an Airvideo equivalent for the droid that works on NC? I really love AV for iPad, it is so easy and works wonderfully.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote