Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by shharper View Post
The latest update to BABM fixes the install issue.
Off to update!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #62
beej231
Addict
beej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enoughbeej231 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Fire, K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Off to update!
I did too. Haven't tried side loading yet. Perhaps tonight.
beej231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #63
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
New with Kindle Fire HD, not sure how to side load

Hi, I am learning the Kindle Fire HD, and I read everything here and it is alot to learn. Great forum info as usual.

But I am new to androids and side loading is like a foreign language.

All I want is to find and load a Youtube app that is more user friendly than just using Silk browser and search Youtube. Do I have to load a new browser? Since androids don't support Flash, but yet it works on the Fire does this make it "unsafe" to even use? Doesn't that mean the Adobe Flash Player is not safe to use because of potential viruses/trojan horses or whatever?

Too many questions and probably not the correct place to post it. If so sorry.

Thanks for any help in understanding this.

Last edited by new; 10-07-2012 at 06:41 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Hi, I am learning the Kindle Fire HD, and I read everything here and it is alot to learn. Great forum info as usual.

But I am new to androids and side loading is like a foreign language.

All I want is to find and load a Youtube app that is more user friendly than just using Silk browser and search Youtube. Do I have to load a new browser? Since androids don't support Flash, but yet it works on the Fire does this make it "unsafe" to even use? Doesn't that mean the Adobe Flash Player is not safe to use because of potential viruses/trojan horses or whatever?

Too many questions and probably not the correct place to post it. If so sorry.

Thanks for any help in understanding this.
According to MobileTech Review the YouTube app will work on the KFHD.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #65
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Blossom, question though on 1mobile

Quote:
According to MobileTech Review the YouTube app will work on the KFHD.
I tried to download YouTube app from 1Mobile and it is asking for info from my google email account??? What?

I watched the video review from MobileTech and it did explain how we are able to watch Youtube videos without flash on mobile devices, with HTML5 for mobile devices. So maybe I will forget it for now. But other websites need Flash.

I have OSX and I have to download something else to download any Apps I have read (other than Amazon).

Thanks Blossom.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I tried to download YouTube app from 1Mobile and it is asking for info from my google email account??? What?

I watched the video review from MobileTech and it did explain how we are able to watch Youtube videos without flash on mobile devices, with HTML5 for mobile devices. So maybe I will forget it for now. But other websites need Flash.

I have OSX and I have to download something else to download any Apps I have read (other than Amazon).

Thanks Blossom.
Use this link instead. Hover you mouse cursor over the YouTube app then click the arrow by the install button on the app and choose PC.

It will give you an apk file. Sideload it via USB.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-08-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #67
new

Thanks Blossom that worked!

Quote:
Use this link instead. Hover you mouse cursor over the YouTube app then click the arrow by the install button on the app and choose PC.

It will give you an apk file. Sideload it via USB.
Thanks Blossom that worked

Now don't I have to have a different browser for that to work on the Fire HD?

Then don't I have to download something from Amazon for Android download for Mac?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #68
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks Blossom that worked

Now don't I have to have a different browser for that to work on the Fire HD?

Then don't I have to download something from Amazon for Android download for Mac?
Nope just install it like any other sideloaded app.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #69
new

Quote:
Nope just install it like any other sideloaded app.
First time sideloader here so I need some more help please.

Plug in cord for USB into my Mac and drag item I downloaded to where on my Kindle Fire exactly? I did download ES Explorer from Amazon

Why do people download other browsers then? Is it only to use Flash videos?

If I make a dropbox account can I just download it that way from the Fire?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
First time sideloader here so I need some more help please.

Plug in cord for USB into my Mac and drag item I downloaded to where on my Kindle Fire exactly? I did download ES Explorer from Amazon

Why do people download other browsers then? Is it only to use Flash videos?

If I make a dropbox account can I just download it that way from the Fire?
The tutorials are at the beginning of this thread. It doesn't matter where you put the apk file you just going to use it to install the program then you can delete it.
apk = exe or I don't know what mac uses for executable.

No need for any other browser unless you want one.

Yes on the Dropbox. Once you install Dropbox you can transfer everything that way if you want. My Fire never connects to my PC via USB.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #71
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Ditto here - Dropbox eliminates all the hassle of USB cords, finding the downloaded file on your PC, remembering what you named it, etc. Dropbox & ES File Explorer are an unbeatable combination - esp. for sideloading.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #72
new

Dropbox is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Ditto here - Dropbox eliminates all the hassle of USB cords, finding the downloaded file on your PC, remembering what you named it, etc. Dropbox & ES File Explorer are an unbeatable combination - esp. for sideloading.

Thanks Blossom and Poohbear!

I do have a question on 1Mobile, on my Firefox WOT says SPAM and malware. I can't believe I still downloaded this! I wanted the Youtube App since that is what I watch mostly.

Opinions please?

I just love all the help you all give the Kinde community. Thanks, couldn't have figured out sideloading and Dropbox without you.

Do I need to delete anything after installing on ES explorer now to clean out space?

Why doesn't Amazon have Youtube App?

Last edited by new; 10-09-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Do I need to delete anything?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #73
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks Blossom and Poohbear!

I do have a question on 1Mobile, on my Firefox WOT says SPAM and malware. I can't believe I still downloaded this! I wanted the Youtube App since that is what I watch mostly.

Opinions please?

I just love all the help you all give the Kinde community. Thanks, couldn't have figured out sideloading and Dropbox without you.

Do I need to delete anything after installing on ES explorer now to clean out space?

Why doesn't Amazon have Youtube App?
Youtube is Google. Google and Amazon are competition to each other.

Alot of KF users use 1Mobile so Firefox doesn't know what it is talking about. I get all my apks from there or Google Play on my phone.

You can delete the apk of the app once installed. It's just a setup file.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #74
new

Thanks once again!

Quote:
Youtube is Google. Google and Amazon are competition to each other.

Alot of KF users use 1Mobile so Firefox doesn't know what it is talking about. I get all my apks from there or Google Play on my phone.

You can delete the apk of the app once installed. It's just a setup file.
Thanks Blossom for clearing that up for me about Google and Amazon. I just love Youtube App.

I also downloaded the wireless App you recommended. Turning it on and off and love that too. Question though? if I neglect to turn off wifi on the App and put the Kindle to sleep will it turn off the Wifi?

Thanks a bunch Blossom.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks Blossom for clearing that up for me about Google and Amazon. I just love Youtube App.

I also downloaded the wireless App you recommended. Turning it on and off and love that too. Question though? if I neglect to turn off wifi on the App and put the Kindle to sleep will it turn off the Wifi?

Thanks a bunch Blossom.
Nope you got to turn WiFi off yourself which is easy to do with the app. Great to know it works on the HD model! I would be lost without that app!