Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #121
kgavin
kgavin began at the beginning.

Device: onyx nova pro, kobo aura one
I can't turn the page

I have not found this addressed anywhere so I'm putting it out here.

In the previous version of the viewer I just hit the space bar and the page turned. In this version it is not the case. I assumed it meant I had to go into preferences and setup my navigation. I have setup anything I could find that looked like it was related to turning the page. When I hit my space bar nothing happens. It makes me wonder if any of those options actually work.

So I need to know how to setup my page-turning key. Is it me and my IQ has just dropped 70 points or is this something that has not been addressed yet?

BTW, I think the viewer looks pretty good if only I could find a way to control it.
kgavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:07 PM   #122
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The spacebar definitely works for turning pages, out of the box. Try clicking inside the text once to make sure it has keyboard focus, although that should not be necessary.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2019, 09:11 PM   #123
kgavin
kgavin began at the beginning.

Device: onyx nova pro, kobo aura one
Thanks. Clicking on the text did the trick.
kgavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:19 PM   #124
mknox999
mknox999 began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
Howdy, I have two monitor's and the viewer will not open on the second monitor. Top left says loading book, then shows not responding. Open's just fine on the first monitor.

Thanks, Michael
mknox999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:37 PM   #125
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknox999 View Post
Howdy, I have two monitor's and the viewer will not open on the second monitor. Top left says loading book, then shows not responding. Open's just fine on the first monitor.

Thanks, Michael
I have 3 monitors. 2 Are on USB video adapters and the Viewer opens and behaves on all 3.

Tell us MORE about your setup.
What OS
What Graphics adapter (working) and port type, What resolution Monitors attached
What Graphics adapter (Not Working) and port type. What resolution Monitors attached
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #126
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Thanks, Michael
Yeah this appears to be a limitation of Qt WebEngine. It does not play nice with some multi-monitor/GPU setups on some operating systems. Someday I will need to find the time to figure out exactly what the issue with webengine is.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #127
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
While I pretty much love all the improvements that have been made with calibre and the plugins, I also do not like the new viewer. Thank you BetterRed for this.
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #128
erketre
Enthusiast
erketre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Bullshit. JavaScript execution can be either synchronous or asynchronous, depending on a attribute of the script tag. CSS loading only blocks rendering of content that appears after the <link> tag.
And synchronous, blocking <link> is the case I was talking about. I have not seen any e-books with asynchronous stylesheets/scripts. I would not start this discussion this that case

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As I have already said, twice before, you wont with the next release.
Sorry. I was thinking you said it was fixed already
erketre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #129
mknox999

Here is the setup.

OS is Windows 10 Pro, version 1809

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti on 2 LG 4k monitors (same model) resolution set to 3840x2160

Ryzen 2700x cpu

Thanks,

Michael
Old 10-16-2019, 08:31 PM   #130
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Here is the setup.

OS is Windows 10 Pro, version 1809

NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti on 2 LG 4k monitors (same model) resolution set to 3840x2160

Ryzen 2700x cpu

Thanks,

Michael
That is some rig 7680px wide. Kovid will have to answer if the new engine can deal with those numbers.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #131
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I doubt Qt WebEngine cares about size of monitors, its more likely an GPU context sharing issue to do witht he GPU drivers. Basically, as I understand it, WebEngine send GPU commands directly to th GPU via a context for efficient rendering. The context is typically different for different GPUs and maybe different monitors. And in some combination of the two it does not work when moving windows between monitors/GPUs.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #132
mknox999

I can open the viewer on the first monitor, either in calibre or file manager, and move it to the second just fine, I just cant open a book from the second monitor.

Michael
Old 10-16-2019, 10:04 PM   #133
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm weird, I'm afraid I dont have a clue why that might be.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:12 PM   #134
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can try running the viewer from a command prompt, see if Qt prints out anythinguseful.

calibre-debug -w

will start the viewer and print some debugging information
Old 10-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #135
mknox999

Ran it via command prompt on both monitors, same info generated, opens up just fine on the first monitor but not the second.

calibre-debug -w
DeDRM v6.1.0: In __init__
DeDRM v6.1.0: In load_resources
DeDRM v6.1.0: verdir C:\Users\???????\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\D eDRM\6.1.0
DeDRM v6.1.0: In initialize
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 2.0
logicalDpi: 72.0 x 72.0
physicalDpi: 81.28 x 80.6823529412
Using calibre Qt style: True