Notices

Old 10-10-2019, 06:46 AM   #91
chantw0968
Enthusiast
chantw0968 began at the beginning.

Device: sony e-reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You need to put in the header or footer - it's called Position in book/section.

BR
Thank you
chantw0968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:26 AM   #92
Reiziger
Reiziger began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad
Version before 4.0

Will the ebook viewer change back to the previous look for reading on my PC (Windows 10 Pro). The new viewer-look irritates the hell out of me, and I want my reading to relax me.
If it's not gonna change, can I go back to the previous version?
Thanks
Reiziger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2019, 10:02 AM   #93
domcam
domcam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
J'ai téléchargé la dernière version de calibre mais depuis impossible d'afficher dans le lecteur ? merci d'avance
domcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #94
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiziger View Post
Will the ebook viewer change back to the previous look for reading on my PC (Windows 10 Pro). The new viewer-look irritates the hell out of me, and I want my reading to relax me.
If it's not gonna change, can I go back to the previous version?
Thanks
No
and Yes you can go back.
Simply uninstall Calibre, then install an older version. (settings and Libraries REMAIN)
The link to old versions is in the text near the bottom.

Just be aware that newer devices WILL NOT be supported AND there wll be NO bug fixes to 3.x
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:33 PM   #95
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You need to put in the header or footer - it's called Position in book/section.
I'm starting to feel stupid. I've gone to viewer preferences - Headers and Footers section I've enabled items that I thought would show in the viewer once saved. The only issue is I don't see anything in the top or bottom of the viewer. I don't see anything that might even represent a footer or a header, only the title bar. Any insight into what I might be doing wrong?

Windows 10
Calibre 64 4.10

Update: I found the issue. I had a background image covering the whole page so I didn't have top or bottom margins to show anything in. Once I added margins on the top and bottom I had the options of displaying the optional header/footer data. Of course I discovered this moments after posting.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-10-2019 at 08:39 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2019, 07:26 AM   #96
Reiziger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No
and Yes you can go back.
Simply uninstall Calibre, then install an older version. (settings and Libraries REMAIN)

Just be aware that newer devices WILL NOT be supported AND there wll be NO bug fixes to 3.x
Sorry to hear that.... and thanks for replying.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #97
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm starting to feel stupid. I've gone to viewer preferences - Headers and Footers section I've enabled items that I thought would show in the viewer once saved. The only issue is I don't see anything in the top or bottom of the viewer. I don't see anything that might even represent a footer or a header, only the title bar. Any insight into what I might be doing wrong?

Windows 10
Calibre 64 4.10

Update: I found the issue. I had a background image covering the whole page so I didn't have top or bottom margins to show anything in. Once I added margins on the top and bottom I had the options of displaying the optional header/footer data. Of course I discovered this moments after posting.
I cannot seem to enable headers and footers at all. No background image is set, I've increased the top and bottom margins up to 100px (and back down to 5px when that didn't work), my color scheme is set to white, and I don't know what else to try. I set the header to show Book Progress on the left and Chapter Progress on the right, but nothing shows up, ever. Is there a trick to it? (Windows 8.1, Calibre 4.1 64-bit)
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #98
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I cannot seem to enable headers and footers at all. No background image is set, I've increased the top and bottom margins up to 100px (and back down to 5px when that didn't work), my color scheme is set to white, and I don't know what else to try. I set the header to show Book Progress on the left and Chapter Progress on the right, but nothing shows up, ever. Is there a trick to it? (Windows 8.1, Calibre 4.1 64-bit)
Your margin has to be equal to or larger than the minimum font size that is set in preferences. Also after going to the footer/header section and setting what you want to see at the top and bottom of the book, click OK then use the X to close out the preferences. Then since things are cached switch to a different book to verify that it has been set.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #99
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Your margin has to be equal to or larger than the minimum font size that is set in preferences. Also after going to the footer/header section and setting what you want to see at the top and bottom of the book, click OK then use the X to close out the preferences. Then since things are cached switch to a different book to verify that it has been set.
I will try it again when I get home. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #100
icallaci
Guru

Quote:
Well, I have no idea why it wasn't working before, but it does now. Thanks so much. I did have to increase the top margin to roughly double the font size; otherwise, I could only see a vague gray line where the header should be. Once I increased the margin to 15px (with a minimum font size of 8px), I could see actual text. I ended up with a 25px top margin and 8px minimum font size, which is perfect. Thanks again.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:35 AM   #101
Reiziger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
No
and Yes you can go back.

Thanks! Very happy with the 3.48 version!
Old 10-13-2019, 08:02 AM   #102
trcm
Connoisseur
trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW4, Libra H2O
Trying to view any book formats results in :

Quote:
calibre, version 4.1.0
ERROR: Render process crashed: The Qt WebEngine Render process has crashed. You should try restarting the viewer.
Code:
Process:               QtWebEngineProcess [20742]
Path:                  /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Versions/5/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess
Identifier:            QtWebEngineProcess
Version:               ???
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        calibre-parallel [20741]
Responsible:           calibre [14287]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2019-10-13 12:59:04.585 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15 (19A582a)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     4.0 (17P572)
Anonymous UUID:        27AA4D65-216B-7D03-7B31-F0814A4C4DD0

Sleep/Wake UUID:       9092BF01-DB22-4F17-B812-4FDACF6B59AF

Time Awake Since Boot: 26000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       10000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui
  Referenced from: /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
       0x105b90000 -        0x105b94ff3 +org.qt-project.Qt.QtWebEngineProcess (0) <D532B7B6-20F1-3418-9440-329257226ED8> /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess
       0x110709000 -        0x11079793f  dyld (732.8) <18397929-ECD7-3802-BE7B-6A8425827C98> /usr/lib/dyld

Last edited by trcm; 10-13-2019 at 08:12 AM. Reason: formatting
trcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@trcm: How did you install calibre?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:11 PM   #104
trcm
Connoisseur
trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW4, Libra H2O
$ brew install calibre
trcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #105
erketre
Enthusiast
erketre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Please render new chapters/pages before actually showing it to the User on the screen. I see font size/family glitches for a fraction of second when new chapter is being loaded. I use a custom font (Bookerly). Similar glitches occur when resizing the viewer's window.

Besides I would like to have a vertical scrollbar in the viewer.

Older viewer worked somehow better for me..
erketre is offline   Reply With Quote