Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
normanstein
normanstein began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
edit in calibre

I have a kindle book bought from Amazon. It consists of three novels. When I try to edit it in Calibre I get a message telling me that two of the files are too large and I should split them. But I don't know how to do that. Second problem: the file viewer in the Calibre editor only shows the files from the first of the three books and I don't know how to access the rest of them. I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.
normanstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
??? Look way down the file browser list (Misc). Are there extra files (other than the few normal ones)?
Your book may have been built incorrectly and they could not be placed properly.
If this book arrived in this condition, Get Amazon to send a corrected version. If it got damaged later, good luck, because it is fixable, but a simple 'do this' is not possible.

Use the U(npack ) tool in Calibre, and see if you can grab out tha broken pieces, then use the editor to put them back (or make a separate book)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert