Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2019, 09:39 AM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well it should be easy enough to make it available in the header footers, ping me about it after the craziness dies down.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:26 AM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well it should be easy enough to make it available in the header footers, ping me about it after the craziness dies down.
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...10794acd449a23
Old 10-04-2019, 11:33 AM   #33
reinsley
Connoisseur
reinsley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
@Reinsley: Are you on windows 7 32bit by any chance ?

@Kovid

I am on Windows 7 - 64bits and Calibre [64bits]
I am going to downgrade to 3.48. I will test your next release.

No scroll bar. A blank empty window no menus. Only the window title ( Book's title [EPUB] - Viewer)
Nota : the word viewer is my translation.

Hat off to you. Every day I discover a new function that let me voiceless.

Best regards
reinsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #34
reinsley
Connoisseur

Quote:
@Reinsley: And yes you can just run the 3.48 msi to downgrade if needed.

Concerning downgrading, a last question.

Warning :
Newer version of calibre already installed. If you want to downgrade you must uninstall calibre first.

Does uninstall program via MS control panel keeps the libraries and the personal setup ?
Sorry to bother you in that busy time. I like to start a process with a firm hand.

TIA
BR
Old 10-04-2019, 12:17 PM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinsley View Post
Concerning downgrading, a last question.

Warning :
Newer version of calibre already installed. If you want to downgrade you must uninstall calibre first.

Does uninstall program via MS control panel keeps the libraries and the personal setup ?
Sorry to bother you in that busy time. I like to start a process with a firm hand.

TIA
BR
YES
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #36
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Thank you very much, Kovid! That was blazing fast.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:24 PM   #37
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@reinsley: Sadly I doubt the next release will fix it. If nothing is rendering it is likely an issue with the graphics card/drivers not being compatible with Qt WebEngine, in this case I suggest staying with calibre 3.48 till you update windows, windows 7 is hitting end of life in January anyway.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #38
reinsley
Connoisseur

Quote:
@reinsley: Sadly I doubt the next release will fix it. If nothing is rendering it is likely an issue with the graphics card/drivers not being compatible with Qt WebEngine, in this case I suggest staying with calibre 3.48 till you update windows, windows 7 is hitting end of life in January anyway.

Dont' worry v3.48 will do the job.

If it may help :
In the Calibre Editor, the HTML files are correct.
The right window (file preview) is empty. Epub and AZW3 have the same issue.

Best regards
Old 10-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #39
reinsley
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
YES
Thank you, no trembling hand to downgrade.

BR

Done, back in 3.48
One more reason to migrate to Win 10

Last edited by reinsley; 10-04-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:35 PM   #40
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now, something I was trying to ignore, but now decided it was worth saying in case others are experiencing it either: sometimes the viewer is hanging on the spinning gear when I scroll throw many pages at time, especially if I go forward and backward fast enough.

It's not every time, and I have no clear steps to reproduce, but it happens a lot in this situation:

1) I am organizing a folder with a lot of poorly coded books (mostly pdf converted... urghh).
2) I open the file and scroll some pages just to check on the general look. If it is garbage, I just delete it.
3) But the viewer remembers the last page and I don't like leaving it in a random page. So, I scroll back to the cover (generally just one or two spinning of the wheel).
4) Then, some times (say 10%), the book hangs on the spinning gear, saying it is loading the next section.
5) Even right-click > reload can't fix it. It just stays spinning...

I am on Windows 10 1903 x64, calibre 4.0 x64, epub files.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:43 PM   #41
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@thiago.eec https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...5fa38e91f062b0
Old 10-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #42
riccardobaldinot
riccardobaldinot began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I just downloaded 4.0.0 version. The ebook reader only shows a blank window with the ebook title and nothing more.
I read the "What's new" but, apart from the problem, I also whish the reader still had the buttons and all the functions (text dimensions, file opening) that mad it a whole e-reader program.
riccardobaldinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:07 PM   #43
reinsley
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardobaldinot View Post
I just downloaded 4.0.0 version. The ebook reader only shows a blank window with the ebook title and nothing more.
I read the "What's new" but, apart from the problem, I also whish the reader still had the buttons and all the functions (text dimensions, file opening) that mad it a whole e-reader program.
Did you read the last 10 posts of this topic ?

BR
Old 10-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #44
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Thanks, again!
Old 10-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #45
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
How about adding the old viewer as well and let us decide which ebook-viewer we want to use?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote