Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
mjbarbee516
mjbarbee516 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - Keyboard
Kindle 3 Keyboard stuck in restart loop

Background - About 6 months ago, my KK would lock up but after a few days of soft resets, I got a white screen. I'd plug it in and the orange light would come on for a few seconds then go out. Initial research said to repeatedly replug it in until it came back on working. It would cycle through the reset screen a few times before functioning. That only worked for about 2 weeks. I gave up fixing it and bought a used one that works perfectly. Well, curiosity made me change the batteries out on the two but the old one still didn't power on. It still cycled back to the white screen. I changed the batteries back to the original owners and left the old one on the white screen of death. PC does not recognize it until it's fully loaded up.

Today, I decided to try to sell the old one on eBay since it's nearly perfect cosmetically. When I picked it up, it was on the restart screen with the progress bar about 15%. It's been sitting since December untouched.
I plugged it in for a minute or two just to see what it was doing and now it won't stop cycling and the green light is blinking when it goes through a cycle. Sometimes the progress bar gets over 50%. I even saw the preliminary folder index twice but the books didn't load. It's been an hour and it's still going! I haven't gotten far enough to progress to try anything. If I do, I'd like to try a factory reset and update the firmware again.

I know this is an OLD device. I've had it since Nov 2011. I miss my ad-free Kindle.

It's not hijacked nor is there any additional tools or toys loaded on it. The firmware is the 3.4.2. It DID have the hinged cover but it's been out of it for months.
mjbarbee516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Try Kubrick:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=206064
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert