Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-19-2019, 12:30 PM   #31
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnick View Post
I use an A2 as my phone in Canada (Telus - Ontario). Works fine. The biggest problem I have with it is the dialpad doesn't show letters so those passwords I need to tap into the phone are more difficult because I have to look up a dialpad online so I can figure out which letters correspond to which numbers.
Use a picture of a dial pad with letters as the lock-screen imagine on the eink side of the phone. Of course, that would only be beneficial if you were using the colour screen to insert passwords.

You might also be able to bring up an image of a suitable dial pad when using the split screen mode. That would likely work when using the eink screen for passwords.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:36 AM   #32
Bob Willis
Enthusiast
Bob Willis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, IPAD Pro, Boox Note
If the phone has a reasonable price and it is waterproof, I will consider to buy one in the future only for reading and I will still use IPAD for entertainment.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:15 AM   #33
Kaitoku
Kaitoku began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max 2
I dream of a eink smartphone, but I really do not want a dual screen phone. They are over-engineered.
Kaitoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #34
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitoku View Post
I dream of a eink smartphone, but I really do not want a dual screen phone. They are over-engineered.
Quite agree. Although I'm liking the dual screen A2 Pro more than I had anticipated, the colour screen is unnecessary. It just adds to the weight and the expense and the extra possibility for something to go wrong.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:41 AM   #35
Kaitoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Quite agree. Although I'm liking the dual screen A2 Pro more than I had anticipated, the colour screen is unnecessary. It just adds to the weight and the expense and the extra possibility for something to go wrong.
Right, I have a history of breaking screens on smartphones. Having two screens to break on one device is a nightmare!
Old 05-12-2019, 11:47 PM   #36
Kaitoku

I have just seen this new eink smartphone on indiegogo. It is called Kingrow K1. Apparently it will run with Andorid 8.1 without Google Play installed.

What do you think of this device?