Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-03-2019, 11:18 PM   #46
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Caseless here for about six months now. Instead, I use a sleeve for when I travel and the rest of the time I just have a popsocket to make it easier to hold. I love it. This will be my set up for all ereaders from now on. Used to always use cases but they can be hard to hold because of slipperiness and the extra weight they add. Plus this way I get to enjoy the sleek look of my Kobo H202. I haven't had any issue yet so... No con? lol
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:56 AM   #47
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I always use a cover on my Kobo readers. I like the Gecko Slimfit and keep coming back to it.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #48
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I took my Kobo Clara out of the case. Wow that thing is light as a feather now. lol
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #49
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I took my Kobo Clara out of the case. Wow that thing is light as a feather now. lol
The cases I use seem to add little to no weight to my readers (a kwmobile case for my Kobo Aura and a Fintie case for my Nook Glowlight Plus).

Maybe I'm too brutish to notice the weight they are adding? Or maybe the cases are so thin they don't offer as much protection as I imagine they do.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:29 PM   #50
maximus83
Nameless Being

Been using both my Forma, and my newer PW4 case-less, and loving the super lightweight reading experience. To make the PW4, and also my Nexus 7 tablet, a bit easier to hold onto one-handed during lengthy reading sessions, I bought a little hand strap that's designed for Ipads or smaller tablets. On the Nexus I hook it on vertically on the back. On the PW4, I hook it diagonally, and it's just right, gives just enough tension to hold it comfortably over your fingers.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #51
Emoto
Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Emoto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus, Kindle Paperwhite
Am reading this thread to see what people like for a case for the new Paperwhite. I just got it and have no case yet.

For my Nook Glowlight, I use a sleeve like this one: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/glo...-grey/29204825

For putting it into a coat pocket and taking it somewhere, it seems to work fine, although I haven't managed to drop it yet, so can't comment on how protective it really is. I'd say medium.

When I travel, it goes into a small Pelican case like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rch_asin_title

Neither of these cases allow for reading while in the case. Although I haven't tried yet, I suspect my new Paperwhite will fit in them. Still, I like the idea of a case that allows the Kindle to be read.

As to you people who use your eReader naked, at least put some pants on. Sheesh.
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #52
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Am reading this thread to see what people like for a case for the new Paperwhite. I just got it and have no case yet.

For my Nook Glowlight, I use a sleeve like this one: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/glo...-grey/29204825

For putting it into a coat pocket and taking it somewhere, it seems to work fine, although I haven't managed to drop it yet, so can't comment on how protective it really is. I'd say medium.

When I travel, it goes into a small Pelican case like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rch_asin_title

Neither of these cases allow for reading while in the case. Although I haven't tried yet, I suspect my new Paperwhite will fit in them. Still, I like the idea of a case that allows the Kindle to be read.

As to you people who use your eReader naked, at least put some pants on. Sheesh.
Good work!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #53
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Nah, that's too awkward in the bath tub.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #54
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The cases I use seem to add little to no weight to my readers (a kwmobile case for my Kobo Aura and a Fintie case for my Nook Glowlight Plus).

Maybe I'm too brutish to notice the weight they are adding? Or maybe the cases are so thin they don't offer as much protection as I imagine they do.
I just broke down and got this cheap but well rated case to use only when traveling or out and about, in the rare case where I don't just use my phone. I still read 100% without the case, but this gives cheap screen and drop protection when mobile and going in and out of pockets, suitcases, and backpacks. Besides the fact this is lightweight, the thing I like best is I can easily pry the PW4 back out of it.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:35 AM   #55
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
My latest case. Works well.

This is my latest folio case. A Ztotop. There are several iterations above and below this level of Ztotop. It was a hard choice.

Below I show the portrait and landscape modes of the case presenting the tablet on a table or desk. It has a nice strap (actually 2) that allow you to hold it with confidence that it won't be dropped when you are reading it while holding it with one hand. Also a pocket and a pen or stylus loop.

Last edited by frahse; 03-18-2019 at 03:00 AM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:27 AM   #56
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
This is what happened to my old Kindle Fire when I slipped on the ice back in early February. If I'd had it in a case it might have survived.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Kindle Fire.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	170329  
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:03 AM   #57
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
This is what happened to my old Kindle Fire when I slipped on the ice back in early February. If I'd had it in a case it might have survived.
Yikes! Was it in your hand? In a bag?
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:07 AM   #58
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I love covers. I keep my e-readers in bags and purses so protecting the screen is essential. I also love finding different themed designs for each. It's very comfortable to have the case folded to the back and have my hand/finger in between the back and the flipped cover, gives me a secure and comfortable grip that I use to read by.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #59
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Yikes! Was it in your hand? In a bag?
I carry a backpack with me when I go out (so I have my glucometer, glucose tablets and a snack just in case of need). I had the tablet in the backpack. I also had my netbook (in a nuroprene case) in the backpack plus my Paperwhite (in its sleeve). Neither of them were damaged. Just the Kindle Fire which I would have thought was less likely to break due to the Gorilla Glass on its front.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #60
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
This is my latest folio case. A Ztotop. There are several iterations above and below this level of Ztotop. It was a hard choice.

Below I show the portrait and landscape modes of the case presenting the tablet on a table or desk. It has a nice strap (actually 2) that allow you to hold it with confidence that it won't be dropped when you are reading it while holding it with one hand. Also a pocket and a pen or stylus loop.

I tried that case, but it moves around the swivel when I'm holding it to read. Have you found a way around that, or do I just have a loose one?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote