Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
florpa blana
florpa blana began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Replace boot screen image/graphic?

Hi all! New to Kobo (Clara HD) here.

I was surprised to see some big ol' Walmart branding on boot. Sure, I don't shutdown/reboot too often, and it's only in passing, but I'm a grumpy old man who goes to lengths to get rid of stuff like that (it's why I only lasted about a day with a Kindle, which seemed like it was mostly built as a vehicle for ads and Amazon consumption).

Can anyone point me in the right direction for replacing the boot screen graphic? I was surprised to not be able to find any tips on this here, although maybe I'm using the wrong language to search.

I don't mind breaking things. I've been a Linux user since 2005, and love flashing Google-free ROMs on my phones, but in truth I'm an amateur and rely on the instructions of others while tinkering.

Thanks!
florpa blana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Semwize

Semwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the endSemwize knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kobo
florpa blana,
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=287956
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
florpa blana
florpa blana began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Excellent, thank you Semwize!
florpa blana is offline   Reply With Quote